Tuesday, 27 December 2016

Books I Got for Christmas

So I had a great Christmas, but 2016 continues to be a shit year of terrible events, so I'm not feeling as festive as I was. My plan is to keep stuffing my face with chocolate and to start reading something, so I thought I'd show you all the books I got for Christmas this year.



A strange mix this year, but I'm happy with it! I picked most of them, but my mum got me the physics book, the gluten free recipe book (I'm trying to switch to a mostly gluten free diet for health reasons after a recent diagnosis) and, because she has a weird sense of humour, "Five Go Gluten Free". (You can also randomly see some of my other presents because I laid them all out on my bed like a child, but whatever.)

Links to Goodreads:


I also bought myself a few Kindle books from the Amazon sale. I was particularly excited to see the original Mistborn trilogy books at 99p, I've been meaning to read those for ages! (All images lead to Goodreads.)



And those are my books this year. Will probably read Gemina or Gilded Cage first. What books did you get for Christmas? Or if you don't celebrate Christmas, which books have you picked up recently?

6 comments:

  1. I'm jealous. I asked for one series for Christmas. I even emailed my husband the link on Amazon. I got a bathrobe.
    Rebecca @ The Portsmouth Review
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh! I didn't get a single book for Christmas. I'm with you on the crappy year and the desire to eat chocolate and read. Can't wait for this year to just be over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha that is a strange mix of books you got! I've been gluten free for almost a decade now and I have to say, I rarely bother with gluten-free-specific recipes. I always just buy the cup-for-cup replacement GF flour and add that anywhere it says to put regular flour. But I would def be interested if you have any successes in the gluten free recipe area!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you really love Gemina. It was a favorite of mine this year. I got Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them screenplay, but that's it book wise. I'll be getting myself more books with gift cards though!

    -Lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gemina was brilliant, imo. Hope you enjoy it! :D

    I tried A Long Way to a Small Angry Planet after seeing so many people love it, but I couldn't get into. ;( Curious to see what you make of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, you got Gemina! I'm hoping to get my hands on that one (in hardcover format, due to its amazing dustjacket design) this year. Happy reading, and here's to a better 2017 than 2016!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)