Wednesday, 13 January 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #76


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Rebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands #1) by Alwyn Hamilton
February 4th 2016
Find it on Goodreads

"Tell me that and we'll go. Right now. Save ourselves and leave this place to burn. Tell me that's how you want your story to go and we'll write it straight across the sand."

Dustwalk is Amani's home. The desert sand is in her bones. But she wants to escape. More than a want. A need.

Then a foreigner with no name turns up to save her life, and with him the chance to run. But to where? The desert plains are full of danger. Sand and blood are swirling, and the Sultan's enemies are on the rise.
(from Goodreads)

I am so excited about this book! I've read the first two chapters (which are available online) and it sounds amazing! Magicy and awesome and just everything I want in a fantasy novel. And I love the writing style and the characters so far seem very cool. Plus, everyone who has already read this book seems to have loved it, so that's another reason I can't wait to read it! And would you LOOK at that cover? It's beautiful! Beautiful! At least February isn't too far away (oh my God, February isn't even too far away anymore. To quote Ally Carter because it seems fitting- "time, the greatest thief of all").

What are you waiting on this week?

9 comments:

  1. I'm impatient to read this one, my pre order is already made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, all of the early reviews for this one on my friends list are 5 stars - so that's quite exciting! Plus that storyline sounds perfectly exotic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, I hope you love this one as much as I did. It's fun and adventurous and the characters are all great. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also already preordered it and am SO EXCITED!!! It's one of my most anticipated releases of 2016 ... I CAN'T WAIT! I hope we'll both enjoy it! :D

    Here's my WoW! :)
    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. I reviewed and read this late last year, and goodness, count me in as loving it too. it's SO good. SO GOOD. If I gush I willspoil it for you, so I'm just going to leave my WOW link lol: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2016/01/13/wow-mercy-street-by-tess-evans/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh this is a beautiful cover. I don't read a lot of fantasy, but I want to branch out more.

    -Lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds so good! I'm going to have to go add it to my TBR.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah yes, I swoon whenever I see that cover show up in my feed :) But I didn't know you could already read the first two chapters online! It's sooo encouraging to hear how much you loved what you read in just the first few chapters!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)