Monday, 21 December 2015

My Little Box December 2015 Review

While I do love this month's "My Little Magic Box", I think I could have loved it more. For one, it arrived late again, so that was a bit annoying. And while I really like most of the lifestyle items, I'm not that impressed with some of beauty products. I think I'm feeling like this mostly because I've seen lots of other people's boxes and have preferred their variations to my own (the perfume! I wanted the perfume!). Overall though, this is still a great box (probably one of my favourites of the year, and a great one to end 2015 on) - here are my thoughts!


The design of this month's box is cute, I like all the sparklers and the lit up Eiffel Tower! It's not very magic-y though, they could have added some wands or potion bottles or something like that - but that's just me being picky! I'm happy with it in general.


The card is very similar to the box design, and simply says "this box is magical". Not much else to say really. (Though yay for the return of the proper magazine [see below] - I really did not like the weird fold out magazine/poster/booklet thing. The normal magazine is much better.)









My thoughts on each individual product:

Rituals Touch of Happiness Body Cream - noooo, not another body cream! I've had so many body creams! I don't even like the smell of this one! I mean, it smells okay (orange and cedar wood), but I personally wouldn't wear it. I'll probably give it to a family member. I suppose it's not a bad body cream, really, I'm just disappointed. I would have much preferred a perfume.

Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick - I got this in the shade "melted fuchsia", and to be honest, at first, I thought it would look horrible. But I put a thin layer on and it's actually a really nice colour! As long as I don't cake too much on, it looks decent, so I'm pretty happy with this. It's a nice formula too, not too drying, and it doesn't crack as much as other liquid lipsticks. It's not long wearing really though - as soon as I had lunch, it was gone, but I think it's a great product overall. I might try out some of the other colours too at some point.

My Little Beauty Vice-Versa Nail Polish Duo - I LOVE these. Both of these nail polishes are so pretty! The blue is such a nice dark colour that's slightly iridescent, and the gold glitter is lovely and festive! Combined, these two would look amazing. Haven't tried them out on all my nails yet (I did a quick test for both and they seem like good nail polishes), so I can't wait to do a blue and gold glittery look for Christmas.
[EDIT: I've now tested the nail polishes properly, and they are so so gorgeous! They look really lovely on (I put the gold glitter on top of the blue base layer) and I'm very happy with them. I will say they do chip very easily, however (and I even bothered to put a top coat on this time), so that's a shame, but the end look is pretty while it lasts!]

Imperial Label Blend Kusmi Tea - yeah, no. I can see some people loving this, but I really don't like teas with flavours like orange and vanilla in them. The only teas I drink are regular, green, and maybe a chamomile once in a while. The tin is very cute though so I am tempted to keep this anyway. 

My Little Box Heat Retaining Mittens - what a great item! These mittens are blue and gold, matching the nail polishes, and really do keep your hands nice and toasty! I like how you can wear them fingerless, or you can unhook the mitten part to cover your fingers - very practical! Really happy with these.

My Little Beauty/Box (the card is not explanatory!) Makeup Bag - this has got to be my favourite item in the box this month. It's so beautiful. I've been wanting a little make up pouch like this that's not too bulky to carry in my bag when I'm out, so as well as being very pretty, it's actually a really useful item! It's just the right size for me too, and I love that it's blue and gold again! Ahh I just love it. 

That's my review of this month's box! What did you think? Did you prefer any other beauty boxes over this one for December?

4 comments:

  1. Oooh! I would get this box if they would ship to me! I haven't checked, but when I looked before they weren't shipping to Ireland. I LOVE the make-up bag - very chic! And the mittens and the nail polish. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't sadly, only the UK, France, Belgium and Japan at the moment! The website does say they working on expanding though, so hopefully some day soon they'll ship to Ireland! And yay, the make up bag is definitely my favourite. Very happy with it!

      Delete
  2. Glad you liked most of the items. I like the mittens, nail polish, and bag too (from your pics/review of them). That's a bummer they don't give all the same items to everyone and you didn't get the perfume!

    -Lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is so adorable again this month!! I am such a nail polish fanatic, and I love those colors. The mittens are super cute and I'm curious about their heat-retaining magic! Thanks for sharing this, Liz!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)