Friday, 17 July 2015

My Little Box July 2015 Review

I decided to do a non-bookish related post today about a beauty box subscription service I've really been enjoying! I signed up for My Little Box in late April, so my first box was the May one. So far I've been liking everything, but not loving it - until now. July's box is the My Little Road Trip Box, and I've been really impressed with it, so I thought I'd show you the things I got, and my impressions of them!

(Note: I suck at taking photos. It is a curse. I have the least steady hand and no concept of good angles or lighting. I did attempt to take close ups of each product so you could see them in more detail, but the result was an atrocity, so you're better off with these blurry far away shots - trust me. I'm also using my phone camera which is rubbish as I don't actually own a proper camera because I am too useless to use one, so I do apologise. Just bear with it.)



Really like the design of this month's box, and the little card with the quote on it! I usually use the boxes to store miscellaneous items, and I use the cards to decorate the inside of my wardrobe (the illustrations are always really cute).




My thoughts on each individual product:

My Little Beauty Summer Sorbet After Sun Body Gelée: the My Little Beauty products always have the most adorable packaging! I love this after sun cream - it smells gorgeous and has a great texture. It's easy to apply and doesn't take ages to absorb into your skin (which is great for me as I'm kind of lazy and can't be bothered with creams that take ages to rub in).

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water: I have very sensitive skin so I have to be careful with what I put on my face. I'm not wearing make up today so I haven't been able to test out this product fully, but I did a little patch test and I haven't broken out in some hideous rash yet, so fingers crossed this product really will be cleansing and soothing "even for sensitive skin" as the bottle claims.

Essie Nail Polish: mine is in the shade "DJ Play That Song". You can't really go wrong with Essie, to be honest. I really like Essie nail polishes, they have a great formula, and even I can go a day or two or even three without chipping (and I am the clumsiest person, so going more than two days without chipping is some kind of miracle). Not the biggest fan of this shade of purple, but it's a nice, bright, summery colour, so I'm sure I'll wear it at some point.

DCER Golden Temporary Tattoo Set: these are so cute! I love the arrows and the feather. Not sure exactly when I'd be wearing these but I am excited to try them! Maybe I'll put one around my ankle the next time I wear sandals, and see how it goes.

Bic x My Little Box Ready-to-Send Notebook and Crystal Stylus Pen: okay, so this really appeals to my stationery loving self. The notebook is in the shape of an envelope and I love it. I love notebooks. Shove any pretty notebook in my face and I'll be content for hours. Notebooks will always make me happy!

My Little Box Travel Organiser: this is probably my favourite thing in this month's box. I like to prepare extensively before I travel, so an organiser for me is essential. This one is really lovely with a fab design and pockets for your passport, your tickets and any other things you'd need with you. It's perhaps not the sturdiest travel organiser you could get, but it's pretty and I will definitely be making use of it.

That's my review of this month's box! What did you think? Did you prefer any other beauty boxes over this one for July? The only other beauty box I've tried so far is Glossybox and I wasn't really that impressed. I'm open to recommendations though!

9 comments:

  1. Aaah no...I cant take the temptation! I love boxes and this one looks so dang cute! I love the box itself and the curation looks well done. I sub to GlossyBox and Allure now but Ive been looking for one beauty box to replace Allure and maybe adding a bookish one soon. Litcube or Fandom of the Month. Haven't decided yet, but this might be what I'm looking for to replace Allure. Love that they add a few non -beauty things like the organizer and notebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaaaa, its UK only. Heartbroken 😣. So cute though. I'll have to check in once in a while and see if they offer international shipping anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the fact there are non-beauty things in there too! I think it makes it more exciting to have a wider variety. And it is such a shame! But the My Little Box website does say they're working on shipping for other countries, so hopefully some day soon you'll be able to subscribe! We sadly don't have any book boxes in the UK at the moment, and the shipping on US ones is extortionate, which sucks because I'd really like a book box! If you do decide to subscribe to one, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

      Delete
  3. This looks like such an awesome box! It sucks that it's just UK only. :/ If I lived there I'd totally subscribe!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is a great box, it's a shame it's not available everywhere! If you are really interested though, I would keep an eye out on the website, because there seem to be plans for international shipping eventually, so it might happen soon enough!

      Delete
  4. Ooh thanks for sharing. I don't subscribe to any monthly subscription boxes myself, but I'm always so curious to see what's inside them when other people get them. You got some really cute things inside this box, but I think my main issue with subscription boxes is you're not always going to like everything you receive every month and I'm never sure if it's worth it. I'm always tempted though because I love getting goodies in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can definitely understand your concern. I don't always love the items I get, and sometimes I can't use them at all (like in last month's box, there was a pair of lovely sunglasses, but I had to give them away as I wear prescription glasses and I couldn't wear them). You definitely have to decide whether you think it's worth it or not and weigh up the pros and cons. For me, I think it is, because I am a super lazy person who hardly every goes shopping, so it's nice to try new things that are just delivered to me directly! Plus I know I can cancel the subscription whenever I like if it doesn't work out.

      Delete
  5. So cute! I've wanted to get this box in the past but I think it's UK only? The Garnier Micellar Water is fine for sensitive skin - I use it all the time and my skin is super sensitive. They also have a water especially for sensitive skin - it's the bottle with the green cap, not the pink but I've used both and don't see much/any difference between the two. I get the Look Fantastic beauty box sometimes and it's usually pretty good (and much better than Glossybox!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's currently UK, France, Belgium and Japan only, but it seems like there are plans to expand to more international shipping soon, so fingers crossed! Thanks for letting me know about the Garnier Micellar Water, I'll definitely be using it then. It's such a pain having sensitive skin, isn't it! Every time I try something new that reacts badly, I'm stuck with a red itchy face for days :P. I have been looking at the Look Fantastic boxes, and I want to try them out! There are so many different boxes now though that I always get tempted to try everything at least once...

      Delete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)