Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #67


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
October 8th 2015
Find it on Goodreads

Simon Snow just wants to relax and savour his last year at the Watford School of Magicks, but no one will let him. His girlfriend broke up with him, his best friend is a pest and his mentor keeps trying to hide him away in the mountains where maybe he'll be safe. Simon can't even enjoy the fact that his room-mate and longtime nemesis is missing, because he can't stop worrying about the evil git. Plus there are ghosts. And vampires. And actual evil things trying to shut Simon down. When you're the most powerful magician the world has ever known, you never get to relax and savour anything.

Carry On is a ghost story, a love story, a mystery and a melodrama. It has just as much kissing and talking as you'd expect from a Rainbow Rowell story - but far, far more monsters. (from Goodreads)

Okay, I am procrastinating from exam revision by posting this, but I am so excited for this book! I adored Fangirl and I loved all the Simon Snow/Carry On extracts. I was dying to know how Carry On ended (Fangirl finishes without telling you), so the fact that Rainbow Rowell has actually written a whole story for us is amazing! Simon and Baz were awesome characters, I got attached them to just from those few pages of excerpts, so definitely looking forward to seeing more of them and how things turn out in this particular story. I must say, I don't love this cover as much as Rainbow Rowell's previous books' covers, but I still like it a lot and ugh! I just really want to read this book.

What are you waiting on this weekend?

4 comments:

  1. This book sounds very different from her other books. It might be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to read Fangirl, but I can see I should do that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds really good. I need to read Fangirl as soon as I can. I hope you enjoy!

    Check out my WoW - Under the Lights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I am excited for this one. I loved Fangirl and can't wait for Simon Snow's part. Happy reading! I'm a new follower.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)