Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #64


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days #3) by Susan Ee
Released: May 12th 2015
Find it on Goodreads

After a daring escape from the angels, Penryn and Raffe are on the run. They’re both desperate to find a doctor who can reverse the twisted changes inflicted by the angels on Raffe and Penryn’s sister. As they set off in search of answers, a startling revelation about Raffe’s past unleashes dark forces that threaten them all.

When the angels release an apocalyptic nightmare onto humans, both sides are set on a path toward war. As unlikely alliances form and strategies shift, who will emerge victorious? Forced to pick sides in the fight for control of the earthly realm, Raffe and Penryn must choose: Their own kind, or each other?
(from Goodreads)

I did want to wait until the UK cover was revealed before posting this but I'm too impatient so it's going up now. I am so excited about this book. I loved the previous books in the series and oh my God, the characters. Penryn. Raffe. Penryn and Raffe TOGETHER. I am so looking forward to seeing them spend time together in this book seeing as they hardly saw each other in the last one. I just want them to be happy, is that too much to ask? I know it is, this book is bound to end in some devastating manner, but I can delude myself until then. And Paige. It will be definitely interesting to see if they can find someone who can reverse what happened to her but somehow I'm seriously doubting she'll ever go back to the way she was. Definitely want to see some more Paige/Penryn interaction though and find out how they're both coping with this change. But of course, Pooky Bear is who I am most looking forward to reading about again. I have grown attached. To a sword. That's how good Susan Ee is.

What are you waiting on this week?

6 comments:

  1. Oooh I love the covers for these books, but i haven't tried them out yet! Need to binge read this series when this one comes out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need to check out the first book soon - it's waiting patiently on my Kindle, and it sounds wonderful!

    Great WOW :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! We need more Penryn and Raffe! I have no idea how this series will end, but I really hope we get a lovely HEA!! And yes, bring on Pooky Bear. :D Awesome pick, and I hope we both love it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this around quite a bit today. I haven't read this series yet, but I'm definitely interested after all the excitement I've seen for this book. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/02/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick. I've been meaning to pick up this series because everyone raves about it. Thank you for sharing!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)