It is the last day of 2014, and looking back at the year I accomplished...pretty much nothing. My biggest hope for 2015 is that I actually manage to graduate - fingers crossed for that! I'm also looking forward to a lot of books in 2015, so I thought I'd make a list of the five I most want to read.
Top Five Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2015 (in no particular order):
1) The Sin Eater's Daughter by Mel Salisbury - erm. I can't even tell you how excited I am for this book. Have you read the blurb? Because it sounds freaking AWESOME. Girl who kills anyone she touches, a prince who is immune, a guard who likes her for who she is, a kingdom that needs to be protected - I mean, how can you not love the sound of this? I need it. I need this book now. Plus, the cover is amazing. And all the early reviews I've read so far have been very positive so...excitement!
2) Half Wild by Sally Green - I absolutely loved Half Bad and cannot wait to read this sequel. First of all, because I just have to know what is going to happen, and second, because I love the characters and I miss them! Nathan and Gabriel are definitely my favourites, and ugh I want to read this book so much! March seems so far away. I have't read the short story, Half Lies, yet so maybe I'll give that a go and see if it can tide me over until Half Wild is released (though I have a feeling it will just leave me wanting this book even more).
3) Royal Wedding by Meg Cabot - the eleventh Princess Diaries book! For adults! Omg! Guys I grew up with the Princess Diaries series. Book one was one of the first YA books I ever read. I am so incredibly excited to read this book. Mia and Michael are getting married, there's a scandal to deal with (of course) and nothing is going to plan - ah! It's been ages since the last PD book (2009!) and I'm so happy we get to revisit these characters (it'll be weird to see everyone older and grown-up, but I am definitely curious to see what's changed).
4) Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman - I have talked about this book before and I will continue to talk about it, because I have been waiting for it for so long. Sooo long. Seraphina was one of my favourite books of the year...back in 2012. 2012! I don't even know how I've managed this long without the sequel. I am desperate to find out what happens, especially between Kiggs and Phina because the way Seraphina ended...ugh! Finally I will have the answers and I don't have the words to explain how much I want this book.
5) A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas - I love Sarah J. Maas's Throne of Glass series, so I am very interested to see what I think of this book. To be honest, I'm already convinced I'll love it. Sarah's writing style is addictive, her characters are awesome, and the synopsis already has me intrigued. Plus, it seems that pretty much every (incredibly lucky) person who's already read this book has said that it's fantastic. I have heard some very good things about the character Tamlin already, so obviously I'm dying to read this book and I can't believe it's not out until MAY. How will I live?
Notable mentions that didn't quite make the list: Carry On by Rainbow Rowell, The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows, Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo, Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan, Untitled Throne of Glass #4 by Sarah J. Maas and The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan.
Books that would be on this list/in the notable mentions had I not already read them: Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard, The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon and The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski.
And there you have it! Which books are you looking forward to in 2015? Any from my list? And, last of all, have a very happy New Year, everyone!