Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #62


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Shadow Scale (Seraphina #2) by Rachel Hartman
Released: March 10th 2015
Find it on Goodreads

The kingdom of Goredd: a world where humans and dragons share life with an uneasy balance, and those few who are both human and dragon must hide the truth. Seraphina is one of these, part girl, part dragon, who is reluctantly drawn into the politics of her world. When war breaks out between the dragons and humans, she must travel the lands to find those like herself—for she has an inexplicable connection to all of them, and together they will be able to fight the dragons in powerful, magical ways.

As Seraphina gathers this motley crew, she is pursued by humans who want to stop her. But the most terrifying is another half dragon, who can creep into people’s minds and take them over. Until now, Seraphina has kept her mind safe from intruders, but that also means she’s held back her own gift. It is time to make a choice: Cling to the safety of her old life, or embrace a powerful new destiny?
(from Goodreads)

How long have I wanted this book? So long. So long. I remember when it was still called Drachomachia. But honestly, I am so excited for Shadow Scale. And after the end of the last book, I neeeeed to know what happens. I mean, Phina and Kiggs. What are they going to do?! And now there's a war and some creepy mind take-over person? Ahh I'm so looking forward to this book, I don't even know what to say. I just want to see all the characters again, and go with Phina on her new quest (and find the rest of the people from her visions). If you haven't read Seraphina yet, read it! And I will sit here impatiently until March waiting for the next book.

What are you waiting on this week?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't gotten to read this series yet, but I've been wanting to for awhile. I've heard great things about it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting for this one too!! The first really was excellent, and it's been such a long wait! I hope you enjoy it!!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! March 2015 is so far away. I'm dying to read more in this series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, me too! Kiggs is the best. I remember shortly after the book came out writing a guest post dedicated exclusively to why Kiggs was so great. :D

    And, more importantly, I'm unbearably curious to see what our MC does with herself and her gift.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)