Wednesday, 9 July 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #61


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Half Wild (Half Life Trilogy #2) by Sally Green
March 25th 2015
Find it on Goodreads

After finally meeting his elusive father, Marcus, and receiving the three gifts that confirm him as a full adult witch, Nathan is still on the run. He needs to find his friend Gabriel and rescue Annalise, now a prisoner of the powerful Black witch Mercury. Most of all he needs to learn how to control his Gift – a strange, wild new power that threatens to overwhelm him.

Meanwhile, Soul O’Brien has seized control of the Council of White Witches and is expanding his war against Black witches into Europe. In response, an unprecedented alliance has formed between Black and White witches determined to resist him. Drawn into the rebellion by the enigmatic Black witch Van Dal, Nathan finds himself fighting alongside both old friends and old enemies. But can all the rebels be trusted, or is Nathan walking into a trap?
(from Goodreads)

I read Half Bad not too long ago and I really, really enjoyed it. So looking forward to seeing what happens in Half Wild! I am a bit concerned a lot of the book will focus on Annalise, who is not my favourite character. She's nice enough, but she doesn't have the same connection with Nathan that Gabriel does! I ship Nathan and Gabriel so hard and I don't care that it'll probably never happen. Though their friendship is awesome by itself as well. I'm also really curious to find out more about Marcus and I have a feeling he might show up briefly again. Why does March have to be so far away!

What are you waiting on this week?

6 comments:

  1. I vaguely remember seeing the first book around town so if you're stoked for a new series why shouldn't I check it out? *adds to goodreads pile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Half Bad yet so I just skimmed over so I won't get spoiled. I heard good things about it, though, and I'm planning on reading it soon. Or maybe I would wait until March comes around so I won't have to wait as long as you. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, I LOVED Half Bad, found it had an old school magic/witch vibe which I loved. :) So can't wait for this!

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember seeing the cover to the first book! I've added it to my Goodreads to-read shelf. If you liked it, then I've definitely got to check it out. ^___^

    Thanks for sharing!

    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this series yet, but it sounds awesome. Adding it to my TBR list.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the cover! it's very creepy, i hadn't heard about the series but definitely checking it out. Great pick!

    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)