Friday, 13 June 2014

International Covers #5

International Covers in a kind of irregular feature on the blog where I take a look at some covers from around the world!

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Released in the UK: January 1st 2014
Find it on Goodreads

                         Original US                                         New US/UK

                          French                                               Portuguese

                         German                                                Bulgarian

I own the original US cover of this book in hardback and I was so annoyed at first when I found out the covers were changing, because now my series won't match! I do really like the new US/UK cover though, it is pretty. It's just a shame I'll have mismatched books on my shelves. I also really like the Bulgarian cover, it's very cool - I'm pretty much obsessed with any covers that have a starry night sky and this one just gives off a cute vibe.

Shadow and Bone (The Grisha #1) by Leigh Bardugo
Released in the UK: June 7th 2012
Find it on Goodreads

                           Original UK                                       US/New UK

                            Italian                                                    Greek

                           Indonesian                                          French

                          Polish                                                     Romanian

German

There are some really good covers for this one, but also some really bad ones. The original UK cover (and title), what were we thinking? That's the one I own, unfortunately, and I think it's awful. So glad we switched to the US one, it's much nicer. I seriously might have to rebuy it in the new edition. I like the Italian cover a lot as well, I think it's one of my favourites, maybe followed by the Indonesian cover. I like how the German cover is very different to the rest of them, and while I don't love it, it is striking. My least favourite is probably the Greek cover because that is just bad photoshopping. 

Which covers are your favourites? Any you don't like?

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I love seeing how each place interprets the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this feature! I like the Bulgarian ANNA cover too. I hadn't seen loads of these! I also have a US hardback of ANNA so wasn't best pleased when they went and changed the covers!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)