Sunday, 15 September 2013

Gotta get back to Hogwarts...I mean university...

Unfortunately, September 1st has come and gone, and I was not on the Hogwarts Express. I recently took a trip to the Harry Potter studio tour (or as it's officially called, the Warner Brothers Studio Tour: The Making of Harry Potter) though, so I did get to experience a little bit of Harry Potter magic (Dumbledore's office - wow). However, although I will not be attending Hogwarts this year, I do have to go back to university. I'm moving into my new flat on the 20th (it's a flat to be expected of student housing - the walls are all marked and smudged and the kitchen is tiny, but it's on a quiet road and we have a shared garden!) so that means that things on the blog will likely become much more irregular again - though I definitely will continue posting when I have the chance. In the mean time, here are a few pics I took while I was on the HP studio tour! I took over 300 (though half of them turned out so blurry) so no way can I post them all - I've just picked a few of my favourites.

The Great Hall
That thingy from the Yule Ball in film four
Potions dungeon or Snape's office...I kinda forgot
Dumbledore's office
The Knight Bus
No. 4 Privet Drive
Flourish & Blotts
Model of Hogwarts
Chocolate Frog I bought! It was yummy and I got a Rowena Ravenclaw card, which is awesome as I'm a Ravenclaw :P
So that was the HP studio tour! I definitely recommend going one day, it's so fun and you get to see so many cool things. I spent an absurd amount of money in the gift shop (THEY HAD ALL THE SWEETS. I so wanted Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans but had already spent way too much :P) but it was so worth it! I bought a Deathly Hallows t-shirt which I am justifying by saying it's part of my back to uni wardrobe (which I think is fair as the only clothes I've bought are that top and a jacket).

I have however bought all my back to uni stationery and products and all I need now is to pack everything up properly (I have so much stuff lying around...I know I will definitely forget something. And if I don't, I doubt it will fit in my car anyway). Here's a snapshot of the my back to uni essentials!

Everyone needs Febreeze
My fox backpack
And that's it! I thought I'd take a break from bookish stuff for a day and have a more personal post. Let me know if you want to see more posts like this or if you think I should just stick to books! Hope everyone has had a great summer and thank you to everyone who reads and comments on my blog - you make my day :).

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh I want to do that tour!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I wish I went with you on the tour! Hehe. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wouldn't it be great to really be going back to Hogwarts!? I hope you have another great year at uni Liz! Also I HAVE to know where you got your cool fox bag?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, Liz!! So I'm super jealous obviously, but I appreciate you taking the time to share your pictures. And I'll make it to the Studio Tour someday!! I will. It just HAS to happen. Hope you have been settling into school okay!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)