Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #52


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Runaway King (The Ascendance Trilogy #2) by Jennifer A. Nielsen
Released: March 4th 2013
Find it on Goodreads

A kingdom teetering on the brink of destruction. A king gone missing. Who will survive? Find out in the highly anticipated sequel to Jennifer A. Nielsen's blockbuster THE FALSE PRINCE!

Just weeks after Jaron has taken the throne, an assassination attempt forces him into a deadly situation. Rumors of a coming war are winding their way between the castle walls, and Jaron feels the pressure quietly mounting within Carthya. Soon, it becomes clear that deserting the kingdom may be his only hope of saving it. But the further Jaron is forced to run from his identity, the more he wonders if it is possible to go too far. Will he ever be able to return home again? Or will he have to sacrifice his own life in order to save his kingdom?

The stunning second installment of
The Ascendance Trilogy takes readers on a roller-coaster ride of treason and murder, thrills and peril, as they journey with the Runaway King! (from Goodreads)

The False Prince was one of my favourite books of 2012, so I am very, very excited about The Runaway King. I adore Sage/Jaron, he's just so hilarious and awesome and ah! But this book definitely suggests that not everyone is happy with him being king and lots of scary and dangerous things are going to happen. When I first heard the title back when it was just released, my immediate thoughts were, "Noooo, Sage! But everything was going so well!" Poor guy, he can't get a moment's rest, can he? I seriously can't wait to see what happens and to get more of Sage's witty and sarcastic comments! And it's out in March, so not too long to wait, luckily.

What are you waiting on this week?

9 comments:

  1. I still need to read The False Prince so I must get to it soon. Heard nothing but amazing things about it! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This trilogy sounds so exciting! I'm going to get "The False Prince" before the second book comes out.

    Here is my WoW

    I'm a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read The False Prince yet but it sounds like a high fantasy I'd enjoy.

    thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any in this series but I've seen a lot about it! NEW follower!
    Check out my wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick. I like this cover so much better than the one I just got.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not read anything in this series. I really think I should read more proper fantasy though. Ah, it's lovely when you don't have to wait too long XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this one, yet! It looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a great fantasy series! I wasn't planning to read it, but after hearing it was one of your faves of last year, I might have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeeeeee SO excited for this book!! I cannot wait to find out what happens

    Cait x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)