Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #51


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Pirate's Wish (The Assassin's Curse #2) by Cassandra Rose Clarke
June 4th 2013
Find it on Goodreads

After setting out to break the curse that binds them together, the pirate Ananna and the assassin Naji find themselves stranded on an enchanted island in the north with nothing but a sword, their wits, and the secret to breaking the curse: complete three impossible tasks. With the help of their friend Marjani and a rather unusual ally, Ananna and Naji make their way south again, seeking what seems to be beyond their reach.

Unfortunately, Naji has enemies from the shadowy world known as the Mists, and Ananna must still face the repercussions of going up against the Pirate Confederation. Together, Naji and Ananna must break the curse, escape their enemies — and come to terms with their growing romantic attraction.
(from Goodreads)

*spoilers for book one, beware!* Two things. Firstly, I absolutely adored The Assassin's Curse, to the point where Naji and Ananna have become two of my favourite YA characters because they're both just so awesome and flawed and funny and frustrating and ahh. I love them. And I am so, so curious about how they're going to break the curse. That's one reason I am extremely excited for this book. Secondly, "and come to terms with their growing romantic attraction." Ahem. AHEM. This. This and then some. At the end of TAC, Ananna had just started to realise she maybe kinda sorta loved Naji. Naji himself seemed totally oblivious. But this last line of the synopsis suggests that MAYBE HE'S NOT SO OBLIVIOUS ANYMORE. And if that's so...then only awesomeness can ensue. Cannot wait.

What are you waiting on this week?

9 comments:

  1. The Assassin's Curse is on my TBR list! Nice pick!

    My Wow @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another tempting series! Thanks for sharing...and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to read the first book in this series, I have heard good things. Plus if you highly enjoyed it then I'm sure I would like it since we have similar tastes.

    Thanks for showing this one off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plus, they have such great names! Books can only improve with more romance, IMO. Sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard really great things about the first book in this series. I may have to check it out this year!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't read the first book of the series.
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the covers of this series..so exotic and artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES!! Absolutely cannot WAIT to read this sequel because I loved the characters. And good grief was Naji ever oblivious! I have a feeling that their romance will be well worth the wait though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh! I loved TAC-it was so much fun! And their romance was so subtle and sweet... *excited* Thanks for coming to my WoW. Good luck for your exams, speaking especially!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)