Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #48


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett
March 5th 2013
Find it on Goodreads

16-year-old Dusty Everhart breaks into houses late at night, but not because she’s a criminal. No, she’s a Nightmare. Literally. Dusty is a magical being who feeds on human dreams.

Being the only Nightmare at Arkwell Academy, a boarding school for magickind, and living in the shadow of her mother’s infamy is hard enough. But when Dusty sneaks into Eli Booker’s house, things get a whole lot more complicated. He’s hot, which means sitting on his chest and invading his dreams couldn’t get much more embarrassing. But it does. Eli is dreaming of a murder. The setting is Arkwell.

And then it comes true.

Now the Dusty has to follow the clues—both within Eli’s dreams and out of them—to stop the killer before more people turn up dead. And before the killer learns what she’s up to and marks her as the next target.
(from Goodreads)

This book sounds amazing. The main character is a Nightmare! And she has to sit on a hot guy to feed on his dreams :P. Plus, an awesome murder mystery as well? What more could you ask for! It sounds really different and I'm definitely looking forward to read it. I'm already curious about the killer and I'd love to know more about Dusty and her mother too (and why her mother is infamous!). I do love the cover too, very eye-catching.

What are you waiting on this week?

10 comments:

  1. The Nightmare Affair sounds really awesome, & I loved how she's a Nightmare too! Kind of reminds me of Sabine from Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series, so it should be fun. And I really the cover too. Great WoW pick!

    Liz @ Midnight Bloom Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! It seems to be very nice and original, I'll read it for sure :)
    I'm also waiting for Days of Blood and Starlight.
    I want it SO bad! I can't think I have to wait until November (and even more, if I want to read it in Italian) before I can hold it in my hands ç___ç

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is high on my wishlist, too! I love the idea of a Nightmares as a paranormal character! Sounds so cool. Great pick, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that cover and it sounds amazing too.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO excited for this! Heh, yes... sitting on a hot guy to invade his dreams is so not what I'd define a chore :D But oh goodness, she's a Nightmare? Creepy murder mystery? I'm frothing at the mouth with ANTICIPATION. I ADORE the cover. It looks amazing and is so wonderfully different to the usual YA cover. LOVE.

    GIVE TO ME NOW? THIS BOOK? YES? PLEASE?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this book before, but boy do I love its cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not heard of this, but love the idea of the MC being a nightmare. And very pretty cover. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one sounds like such a unique concept! I really want to read this one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)