Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Contemporary Summer: Your Top Five Favourite Contemps + Winners!


And so Contemporary Summer comes to an end! Hope you've enjoyed the ride and have found some awesome contemps to read! Cait and I have tallied up all your votes from the launch post (where we asked you all to nominate your favourite contemps - thank you to everyone who filled in our nomination form) and have produced a list of YOUR (well, everyone who voted ;]) Top Five Favourite Contemps (and there are some honourable mentions too due to billions of ties we had). Here we go!

Top Five Favourite YA Contemp Novels:

1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
2. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green tied with Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
3. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
4. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
5. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith tied with Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley

Honourable Mentions:

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Where She Went by Gayle Forman
Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols
Saving June by Hannah Harrington
Something Like Normal by Trish Doller
The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

So there you have it! These are your favourites. What do you think?

And now it's time to announce the winners!

WINNERS!

The winner of the Pushing the Limits proof is...Alex (AlexSarahLouise) 

The winner of Kiss Date Love Hate is...Sharvana (Sharvy)

The two winners of the Julia Green book sets are...Pruedence @ The Library Mouse and Kelly!

The winner of the Keris book set + Graffiti Moon is...Jade @ Ink Scratchers

The winner of Shooting Stars is...Emma

The winner of the Ally Carter book set is...Cicely @ Cicely Loves Books

The winner of the book from The Book Depository is...Kristia

Congrats to all the winners! I hope you enjoy your prizes :).

Thanks to everyone who took part in and contributed to Contemporary Summer, to everyone who read our posts, entered the giveaways and tweeted and commented. We couldn't have done it without you! It's been a great month and I hope you've all enjoyed it as much as I have. Posts will be back to normal tomorrow :). And may the rest of your summer be filled with contemp! :P

3 comments:

  1. I loved The Fault in Our Stars and Perfect Chemistry, but I don't know if they'd make my list. I'd definitely have This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen (this is one of the books I attribute my love of reading to) though. I'll have to check out some of the other books on your list that I have yet to read too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contemporary Summer has been such a neat event to follow along with.

    I love that there were ties involved. So many good contemps out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Cait did an awesome job this month thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)