Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #46


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Eve and Adam by Katherine Applegate and Michael Grant
October 2nd 2012
Find it on Goodreads

Sixteen-year-old Evening Spiker lives an affluent life in San Francisco with her mother, EmmaRose, a successful geneticist and owner of Spiker Biotech. Sure, Evening misses her father who died mysteriously, but she’s never really questioned it. Much like how she’s never stopped to think how off it is that she’s never been sick. That is, until she’s struck by a car and is exposed to extensive injuries. Injuries that seem to be healing faster than physically possible.

While recuperating in Spiker Biotech’s lush facilities, she meets Solo Plissken, a very attractive, if off-putting boy her age who spent his life at Spiker Biotech. Like Evening, he’s never questioned anything... until now. Solo drops hints to Evening that something isn’t right, and Emma-Rose may be behind it. Evening puts this out of her mind and begins her summer internship project: To simulate the creation of the perfect boy. With the help of Solo, Evening uncovers secrets so big they could change the world completely.
(from Goodreads)

This sounds so cool! I like a good sci-fi and I'm an so intrigued by this one: simulation creations, fast healing, biotech labs - who wouldn't want to read about that? Plus the cover. LOOK at the cover. I adore it. It is so clever and pretty and awesome and just makes me want to read the book ten times more.

What are you waiting on this week?

15 comments:

  1. I'm really excited for this one! It sounds really interesting and unique and I like the cover a lot. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on sci-fi, but this one sounds like it's a bit 'softer.' Hope it's good! Nice pick.

    If you’d like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book looks so good! And the cover is amazing! I want to read it so bad :) Great pick this week! Check out my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice for this week. It does sound interesting and I will have to check it out!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    My WoW: http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2011

    ReplyDelete
  5. i definitely want to read this too!! it seems like the new 'it book' LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember seeing this on a WoW a few weeks ago, it sounds pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Liz!

    I'm not completely sold on the synopsis but I love the cover. It's really unique and eye-catching.

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday :)

    Lauren @ Slaying Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen this book cover around . . . the storyline sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower, I really want this book it's on my wishlist, my WOW

    http://www.headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh, I don't think I've heard of this one before! I have always wanted to read something by Michael Grant. :) I must check this out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, I LOVE the cover! I haven't read a good sci-fi book in ageees. Can't wait to get my hands on this. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. THE COVER. Yes. I love it. Looks SO cool and damn, I am super excited for this one. I love me some sci-fi and have been craving it more and more lately, so Eve and Adam looks set to seriously fill my appetite. Plus, I loved what Michael Grant offered in BZRK. Fab choice, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one definitely sounds super clever! I'm excited for this one, even though I don't read much sci-fi.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great cover! And proper sci-fi...definitely want to read this. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great choice! I love sci-fi and this sounds amazing! And I love the great cover too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)