Sunday, 13 May 2012

Tales from Planet Print #3

Tales from Planet Print is a new feature on the blog. It centres around the daily lives of books here on Planet Print, and the sorts of things they get up to when they think no-one is looking. Each week involves different books and the different situations they get themselves into. At Planet Print, we believe all books are entitled to freedom and happiness. We stand for justice and we stand against shelving. Free books are happy books.


Morganville 1: City, you're so cool!
Morganville 2: Wow, what's it like to be so famous?
Morganville 3: I LOVE YOU!
City: Erm, thank you...?
Morganville 4: Let's be friends forever!
Morganville 1: Can I have your autograph?
Morganville 3: LOVE ME.
Misrule: Oh my God, look at them, all crowding round City like that.
Carpe: I know, right! They're such sheep. And don't even get me started on City...
Misrule: She thinks she sooo cool just because she's famous.
Carpe: She's just like the rest of us! I mean, sure she might be trade paperback, but it's not like she's a hardcover...
Misrule: I can't believe how they fawn over her like that. What's so great about her anyway? All she does is stand there and look pretty.
Carpe: I don't even know WHY she's famous.
Morganville 3: LOVE ME!
Misrule: Erm...do you think Morganville 3 is okay?
Carpe: Just ignore her. I'm sure City is used to all these rabid fans.


Misrule: Hey, where's City going?
Carpe: Ooh, she's just abandoning all her fans? 
Misrule: Let's follow her!
Carpe: Really? Follow her? When did you become a stalker?
Misrule: I'm not a stalker, I just want to see what she does when she's not being doted on by her adoring fans.
Carpe: Ugh, I don't want to do this.
Misrule: Come oooon. We might find her doing something scandalous...
Carpe: And then we could RUIN her.
Misrule: Exactly!
Carpe: MwahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHA.
Misrule: ...Don't get carried away.
Carpe: (clears throat) Sorry.


Misrule: Who is that guy? I feel like I've seen him somewhere before...
Carpe: No idea.
1.4: (to City) Heeey baby. 'Sup?
City: Oh. Hi, 1.4.
1.4: How's my favourite giiiirrrrl doing?
City: Fine. What do you want?
1.4: Oooh cold as ice! That is hoooootttt.
Misrule: Is it me...or is he an idiot?
Carpe: He's an idiot.
City: Look, I'm busy. Did you need something from me?
1.4: Just your sweet lovin', baby!
City: No. Go away.
Misrule: Wait a minute. WAIT. He's that guy!
Carpe: What guy?
Misrule: That guy on TV! You know, that notorious womaniser. He was in some crappy reality show...
Carpe: And you know this because you watched it, right? Why am I friends with you again?
Misrule: This is serious, Carpe. He's not a nice guy. I feel like we should help her.
1.4: Why you playin' hard to get, lovely? I know you want me.
City: Yeah. I want you to get lost.
1.4: Oooh, burn!
Carpe: Okay, maybe we really should help her...
City: If you don't leave this second, you're going to really regret it.
1.4: Bring it on, babycakes!
Misrule: Babycakes?
Carpe: Right, let's get over there and teach him a lesson -


Carpe: Oh, wow.
Misrule: Guess she didn't need our help...
1.4: ARRGHHH. THE PAIN. THE PAIN!
Carpe: Was that just...kind of badass?
Misrule: It was.
Carpe: I think we misjudged her.
Misrule: Me too.
Carpe: You scared right now?
Misrule: A 'lil bit.


1.4: THE PAIN, THE PHYSICAL PAIN!
Carpe: Hey, City. We just saw what you did...
City: Oh God, you did? This is so embarrassing, please don't tell anyone I -
Misrule: What are you talking about? It was AWESOME.
City: Really?
Carpe: Hell yes! You think you can teach us to fight like that? 
City: Well...I guess I could...
Misrule: Where did you learn, anyway? That was some impressive move.
City: Oh, that was something my sensei taught me.
Carpe: Your sensei?
Misrule: That is AWESOME.
City: Yeah, he was really cool! I guess I can teach you a few things if you really want. Just some self-defence stuff -
1.4: THE PHYSICAL PAIN!
Carpe: I wish he'd shut up.
Misrule: So you'll really teach us? Can we start now?
City: Er, sure! You want to come to my house?
Carpe: Your house? You mean...your mansion?
City: If you feel uncomfortable, we can always -
Misrule: No. We're coming. Definitely.


Carpe: So what was your sensei like?
City: Oh, he was amazing. Seriously, so fast! He taught a whole class of us, girls and boys...
Misrule: And you were the best, right?
City: I can't really say -
Carpe: You are sooo amazing.
Morganville 3: LOVE ME!
Misrule: Did you hear that?
Carpe: Where is she? Where did that come from? Weird...
1.4: THE PAIN! OHHH, THE PAIN!
Misrule: So, who else did your sensei teach?
City: Loads of us! You heard of Clockwork Angel? She and her brother Clockwork Prince were the best pair fighters we had. 
Carpe: Man, I wish I could have seen you all fight...
Misrule: Sounds awesome...
1.4: SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!
Carpe: So how much longer until we get to your house, City?
(END)

Books (in order of appearance):

City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #6) by Cassandra Clare
Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires #1) by Rachel Caine
The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires #2) by Rachel Caine
Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires #3) by Rachel Caine
Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires #4) by Rachel Caine
Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires #5) by Rachel Caine
Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires #6) by Rachel Caine
1.4 (Point 4 #2) by Mike Lancaster

I got the first six Morganville books for £4.99 (excluding delivery). Can you say bargain?!

What books did you get this week?

Many thanks to The Book People, Egmont UK and Waterstones.

11 comments:

  1. LOL Liz, I love these so much, they're really hilarious and different.
    I've not read any of these before, I'll have to check them out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Book People do have some unbelievable bargains, Liz! I'm glad you gat one of them! and your book sketches are absolutely fabulous, I'm getting addicted to them :) Enjoy all your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THESE SO MUCH TOO!!!!!!!

    AAAAAA, I need to get City of Lost Souls SOON. I am SO DYING to read this book and I've been waiting for this book since last year!!!

    Awesome books this week, Liz! Hope you enjoy them! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe! Morganville 3 has some serious issues. lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THE PAIN! LOVE ME! THE PAIN! LOVE MEEE! hehehehe. I think Morganville #3 needs some therapy sessions. And somebody just needs to rip 1.4's cover off so he'll shut up :P

    I can always count on you for my weekly laugh :D

    Woo for the crazy number of Morgansville book! I've only read the first one so far, but since so many people are fans, I should probably start catching up soooon. Enjoy, Liz! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you got a great deal this week getting all of those for such a cheap price. I have the first four books in the series and I really need to read them soon since everyone seems to love the series even though it is 13ish books long!

    Happy reading, thanks for another great story involving the books you got!

    ReplyDelete
  7. XDDDDDDDDDD

    You're just...

    There are no words, Liz. Zero words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the morganville covers really look like they are gossiping lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!! I've said it before and I'll say it again I love these tales from planet print! Think this has to be my favourite so far! Hope you enjoy your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, have I told you how much I love these posts? =P
    I hope you enjoy the MV series as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. KABOOM HIS ASS, CITY! Teach them kids the power of Clary and Jace(Sebastian?) on the covaaah!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)