Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #45


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy #1) by Jennifer A. Nielson
June 7th 2012
Find it on Goodreads

In a discontented kingdom, civil war is brewing. To unify the divided people, Conner, a nobleman of the court, devises a cunning plan. He will find an impersonator of the king’s long-lost son and install him as a puppet prince. Four orphans are recruited to compete for the role, including a defiant boy named Sage. Sage knows that Conner’s motives are more than questionable, yet his life balances on a sword’s point. He must be chosen to play the prince, or he will certainly be killed. But as Sage moves from a rundown orphanage to the king’s sumptuous palace, layer upon layer of treachery and deceit unfold. Until, finally, a truth is revealed that may prove more dangerous than all of the lies taken together…(from Goodreads)

I have heard so many people rave about this book! It does look amazing to be fair. Sage sounds like an awesome main character, plus I am very intrigued by this truth that "may prove more dangerous than all of the like taken together" - I mean, that sounds like serious stuff. Definitely can't wait to read this one, I'm hoping it'll live up to the hype!

What are you waiting on this week?

14 comments:

  1. Wow, the cover is good! Looks an interesting read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!!! Looks totally awesome!!

    Paranormal Wastelands WoW:
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-vicious-deep.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a copy of this on my shelf right now, I'm definitely looking forward to reading it!! GReat pick :)

    Anna @ Literary Exploration
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a copy of The False Prince which I'm looking forward to reading. It sounds great! I think I prefer the US cover over the UK one though. Great WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very stunning this one sounds! Thanks for sharing...and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want this book as well!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    WoW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=1983

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this before now, but I agree with everyone else who posted, this cover looks awesome!


    Mind checking out my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds really good! It sounds like it's going to be filled with lots of action and mystery, which is just what I love in my books. =) I can't wait to read it! The cover also looks pretty cool. Great pick!

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds so good!! Hadn't heard of it before but really wanna read it now

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I also can't wait to read this one. Lol you reminded me that I forgot to put a hold on this one at the library! you are a life saver...ok maybe just a book saver! :)

    I hope you enjoy it once you get a chance to read it.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am SO excited to read this!! The buzz I've been hearing is amazing so far. I've yet to see a negative review, which makes me ALL KINDS OF GIDDY WITH EAGERNESS TO READ IT :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I heard of this book from Brodie!!! (Thank you Brodie! *points comment above :P) And I'm in need of some fantasy books too! I haven't read any fantasy books lately so I should definitely read this book when it's out!

    Awesome pick, Liz! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. This does sound pretty great! I love all the mystery the synopsis implies.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)