Sunday, 29 April 2012

Tales from Planet Print #1

Tales from Planet Print is a new feature* on the blog. It centres around the daily lives of books here on Planet Print, and the sorts of things they get up to when they think no-one is looking. Each week involves different books and the different situations they get themselves into. At Planet Print, we believe all books are entitled to freedom and happiness. We stand for justice and we stand against shelving. Free books are happy books. 


Scarlet: Hey Adorkable! What's up?
Adorkable: Fight me.
Scarlet: ...What?
Adorkable: Fight me!
Scarlet: What the hell! Why do you want me to fight you?
Adorkable: Look. I've been training. Self-defence. You never know when a hardcover is going to sneak out and jump you.
Scarlet: That is such crap, Adorkable. Hardcovers aren't all bad. They do have this superiority complex, but some of my best friends are -
Adorkable: WHATEVER. Will you just fight me so I can see if I've improved?
Scarlet: No.
Adorkable: Did you just refuse?
Scarlet: I did.
Adorkable: I should have known YOU'D never agree to this.
Scarlet: What is THAT supposed to mean?
Adorkable: I mean, just look at you. That dagger you have, God, what is that? I bet it's not even real.
Scarlet: Why you little -


Summer: Hey guys! Er...what are you talking about?
Adorkable: Scarlet won't fight me because she's scared she'll lose and her precious dagger will break.
Scarlet: OH IT IS ON. That is it. Let's get this over with. Summer, you judge and decide who wins the fight.
Summer: ...What? Guys, what are you talking -
Adorkable: Yeah, Summer, you judge. And be sure to take a picture when I win!
Scarlet: Oh you arrogant little -
Summer: WHAT IS GOING ON?


Scarlet: Take that, you idiotic princess!
Summer: Oh my God...
Adorkable: Owwww. You cheated! Cheater! I didn't know we were starting!
Scarlet: Cheater? Please. That's not what's going on here. What's going on is that you SUCK.
Adorkable: I DO NO SUCK. I HAVE MORE PAGES THAN YOU.
Scarlet: Yeah, and how's that working for you? Weighed down, stuck on the floor, aren't you?
Adorkable: You are so mean, Scarlet. And take a shower, you smell like the forest.
Scarlet: Oh, do not mess with me. I've already got you down and injured, do you WANT me to rip your pages out?


Summer: ENOUGH. Scarlet, you win, okay? Now stop it.
Scarlet: Fine. If I have to.
Adorkable: She did not win. She cheated. You traitor, Summer!
Summer: What? I'm the only one who -
Scarlet: I totally won. You do realise you're lying on the floor, crying like a baby right?
Adorkable: You suck.
Scarlet: My dagger says hello.
[END]

Books (in order of appearance):

Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen
Adorkable by Sara Manning
Bringing the Summer by Julie Green

And that is all for now! What have your books been up to this week?

Many thanks to Atom and Bloomsbury.

*I've done a quick internet search and have found no features of this kind to exist. However, if you are aware of a blog that already does a similar feature, please let me know so I can contact them.

15 comments:

  1. LOL too funny!! thanks for sharing their adventures!

    my post is here: Sunday Shout Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome and different to anything else out there! Me likes and wants to see more of these! Lol enjoy your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! I love this so much It is sheer genius. My books def have lots of freedom, I mean, they're just all scattered around my room....no order for these babies.

    I love this so much Liz.

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! This is too funny! Great idea Liz & very original - I definitely haven't seen anything like this around the blogosphere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol this was such fun to read. This really is a great idea and I can't wait to see what you have planned for the next one.

    Cute feature Liz and I've never seen it before :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, that was awesome! What a great way to showcase your books!

    "My dagger says hello" LOL..priceless. XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! That was awesome. Are we going to get one of these every week? :D I can't wait!

    SCARLET IS SUCH A BADASS. Take that, Adorkable.

    Happy reading!

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute lmao! Can't wait for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my God, I LOVE this feature! Dare I say it, it might be my favourite! So funny. :D Enjoy the books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All I can say is . . . LOL. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG you are so a nutcase hahaha <3 I want to read these books now purely for their awesomeness when alone with no humans watching.

    Scarlet is such a badass :D

    Also: I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bwahaha, I love it! I can't wait for the next installment of this adventure. Looking forward to seeing what books you pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HAHAHAHAHAH I LOVE THIS! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)