Monday, 9 April 2012

In My Mailbox (#44)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren.

I haven't done an IMM in so long! Here are the books I've received over the past few weeks, and also a couple I got from Washington (which I forgot to take a picture of and thus there are only images for those). Washington was very cool and I got to see Congress and other awesome places (the plane journeys were terrible though. On the way back, we supposedly were eating chicken, but it tasted like solidified slime). Aaanyway, here's what I got:





For Review:
Burn Mark by Laura Powell
Surrender (Haunting Emma #3) by Lee Nichols
172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad
The Calling (Darkness Rising #2) by Kelley Armstrong
Truth or Dare (You're Invited to a Creepover #1) by P. J. Night
The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1) by Julie Kagawa

Won (from the awesome Brodie and Lisa!):
Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater
Immortal City (Immortal City #1) by Scott Speer

Gift:
Spell Bound (Hex Hall #3) by Rachel Hawkins (finished this one, was awesome!)

Traded:
Bleeding Hearts (Drake Chronicles #4) by Alyxandra Harvey (traded with the lovely Cicely)

Bought:
Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls #5) by Ally Carter (finished this one too, it was amazing!)
Falling Under (Falling Under #1) by Gwen Hayes
Dreaming Awake (Falling Under #2) by Gwen Hayes
A Spy in the House (The Agency #1) by Y. S. Lee

Swag from the very cool Liyana

Also, cool American sweets! They don't sell Milk Duds and Sour Patch Kids in England (at least, I don't think they do) so I bought some and they're pretty good. We have Hershey's, and while I like it, nothing beats Cadbury's! :P I sort of panic bought Falling Under and Dreaming Awake at the airport on the way back because I hadn't bought any books so far. I just sort of randomly picked them - hoping they'll be good!

What did you get in your mailbox this week?

Many thanks to Atom, Bloomsbury, Brodie, Cicely, family, HarlequinTEEN, Lisa, Liyana, NetGalley and Scholastic.

16 comments:

  1. I can't believe you have signed copies of the wolves of mercy falls trilogy *envious sigh* You got cool books, I can't wait to get into Burn Mark!

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE MILK DUDS. End of story.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I SO LOVE THE UK COVERS of the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy! It's so gorgeous. What an awesome IMM this week, Liz!

    I hope you've had a lovely easter and happy reading! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED Immortal City! I'm definitely looking forward to The Immortal Rules! Anyway great book haul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a fab time in Washington! (mins the plane trip). LOL I love that... you 'panic bought' two books because you hadn't bought any books while away <3 I loved Falling Under, I hope Dreaming Awake is just as good!

    Yay for your Scholastic pack! Signed Maggie books? Man, you are the ENVY OF ALL, LIZ. I am crazy excited to get The Immortal Rules and Spellbound! And very intrigued by 172 Hours on the Moon, so I'm looking forward to your review.

    What an awesome mailbox to arrive home to :D ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee! I love that you included the sweets! We have a couple of American lolly stores here in Australia that I could easy spend a lot of money in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. American sweets! I've been talking to one of my twitter friends about their food...Hope you enjoy them! And the books! I've started The Immortal Rules and 172 Hours-both are really good! Hope you had a good time in Washington too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOOOHOOO WASHINGTON. I've never been, but my mom has and she loved going! I still have to read The Gathering and Spell Bound, and I feel so much like a slacker because the author who wrote them are TWO OF MY FAVORITES. So that's a YIKES on my part! I was annoyed with book two, that I have no inclination to read Surrender. But I hope you enjoy it, dude! Immortal City! Bleeding Hearts! BRO. I FREAKING LOVED BLEEDING HEARTS. Definitely my favorite in the series. Gosh, how I loved it. Harvey just never ceases to amaze me and BEST BELIEVE I'm pining for Blood Moon. Are you as excited for Immortal Rules as I am? Probably not :P

    Have an amazing reading week!

    Asher

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to read the Shiver series. Everyone recommends it. The covers are spooky too. I can't believe they don't sell Sour Patch kids in England. They're one of the best gummy candies! I visited England last year and loved it (minus all the rain lol). I bought Oliver Twist from a small bookstore in London near the Old Vic Theater. My IMM Post

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant selection of books! Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WHAT THE FUCK! What. The!! ASDLKJHASD I love your haul, I'm also nearly crying because of my endless envy. :'D

    Happy Reading!

    Patricia // Maybe check out my IMM, too?

    ReplyDelete
  12. LIZ, YOU'RE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK! :D :D :D

    I've misssssed you <3 I'm glad you had a fun trip! I can't believe that you would buy American chocolate... obviously UK chocolate is way better :) I told my sister about the panic buys and she was like, "so, are all bloggers as weird as you guys?" HAHA, YES. Yes, we are, young one.

    I STILL need to read the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy... congratulations on your win! :) And AHHH, The Immortal Rules! I got it too but I've barely had the chance to read it. Have you started/finished yet? I can't wait to read your review!

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, good stuff! I love the covers of your Wolves of Mercy Falls series! I've got a copy of Falling Under too but I haven't read it yet. Hoping it'll be good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Immortal City to me was defo a unique angel story and I really enjoyed it! Hope you do too. I also recently finished reading TIR and I LOVED it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got a lot of great looking books in the past few weeks. I didn't really care for the Wolves of Mercy Falls. I liked the first book but it was rather slow. I had heard from many people that Linger was so much better so I started it and got about 50 pages before I realized I just didn't care for the characters so the story was never going to be something I enjoyed.

    I have yet to read Falling Under series so I hope that one is good as well. I'm jealous that you have Spell Bound somehow I forgot to preorder that one and now the price is just more than I want to pay.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)