Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #44


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Artemis Fowl and The Last Guardian (Artemis Fowl #8) by Eoin Colfer
July 10th 2012
Find it on Goodreads

Seemingly nothing in this world daunts the young criminal mastermind Artemis Fowl. In the fairy world, however, there is a small thing that has gotten under his skin on more than one occasion: Opal Koboi. In The Last Guardian, the evil pixie is wreaking havoc yet again. This time his arch rival has somehow reanimated dead fairy warriors who were buried in the grounds of Fowl Manor. Their spirits have possessed Artemis’s little brothers, making his siblings even more annoying than usual. The warriors don’t seem to realize that the battle they were fighting when they died—a battle against Artemis—is long over. Artemis has until sunrise to get the spirits to vacate his brothers and go back into the earth where they belong. Can he count on a certain LEPrecon fairy to join him in what could well be his last stand? (from Goodreads)

Ahhhhhhhh the last Artemis Fowl! I am such a huge fan of this series, I can't believe it's ending. What will I do without my favourite criminal mastermind? I have a feeling Artemis is going to put the conscience that's been building up to use in this one and work for the good of the fairies. So excited, can't wait to see what happens to Opal! And also to see what happens between Holly and Artemis...I know Eoin said they wouldn't end up together (and to be fair, this really isn't a series concentrated around romance, just action and humour and awesomeness), but am I the only one who thinks (read: hopes) that it's some clever ruse to throw us off? I have to admit, I ship Holly and Artemis. I don't care that she's almost half his height and a different species...:P.

What are you waiting on this week?

10 comments:

  1. Alas, I haven't started this series. I hear only good things about it, though - so I have no doubt you'll enjoy this one. Nice pick!

    If you’d like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I never read these. Tried the first one and just couldn't get into it. Plus I think it's totally offensive that he's called artemis.

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only read a couple of these (one was definitely The Arctic Incident... don't know what the other was) but I liked it! Artemis was such a snarky, arrogant character and him and Holly were THE CUTEST <3 I totally see where you're coming from. Hope you enjoy this one!

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't believe i haven't read this series yet!

    stop by my post? I'm hosting an exclusive cover reveal for a fall 2012 YA from Paper Lantern Lit and Philomel/Penguin!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/exclusive-cover-reveal-venom-by-fiona.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this series . . . but I've heard great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of Liz's favourite series? Criminal masterminds? FAIRIES?! Humour? Awesomeness? Uh... WHY haven't I started reading them yet? Seriously. WHY? Must check them out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your international covers don't do anything for me, but I'm totally digging this cover in US form. :P

    BUT I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. This series is made of awesome. I have to finish it though. I have number three sitting here, and then, THANKFULLY, NetGalley is going to be re-posting them in twos until the release of The Last Guardian, WHICH MEANS THAT'LL I'LL BE ABLE TO READ THE REST OF THE SERIES UP TO DATE!!! YAY!

    I'm so excited! Hey, are Artemis and Holly anywhere near romantically involved by this point? Just wondering, I've heard rumors. ^_^

    Asher

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still have yet to read this series! *hides in shame*
    It sounds SO good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice. xx

    p.s. I'm having a shoe giveaway if you'd like to check it out. :)
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never read this series, I think I missed out on this when I was younger and everyone was reading it.

    I hope you enjoy this one once you get your hands on a copy :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)