Wednesday, 1 February 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #42


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Black Heart (Curse Workers #3) by Holly Black
April 19th 2012
Find it on Goodreads

Cassel Sharpe knows he’s been used as an assassin, but he’s trying to put all that behind him. He’s trying to be good, even though he grew up in a family of con artists and cheating comes as easily as breathing to him. He’s trying to do the right thing, even though the girl he loves is inextricably connected with crime. And he’s trying to convince himself that working for the Feds is smart, even though he’s been raised to believe the government is the enemy.

But with a mother on the lam, the girl he loves about to take her place in the Mob, and new secrets coming to light, the line between what’s right and what’s wrong becomes increasingly blurred. When the Feds ask Cassel to do the one thing he said he would never do again, he needs to sort out what’s a con and what’s truth. In a dangerous game and with his life on the line, Cassel may have to make his biggest gamble yet—this time on love.
(from Goodreads)

I have a confession - I haven't actually read Red Glove yet. I know, I know! I'm terrible! I have a copy, I just haven't got to it yet. But I will, I promise! I've actually avoided properly reading that summary above (I skimmed it, and it didn't seem too spoilery, luckily). But I'm still excited for this book, because it means more Cassel. And I adore him. He is seriously one of my favourite male characters EVER. So I'm definitely looking forward to Black Heart (and I actually love the UK covers for this series. Even though this one is extra creepy - I liiike it! :D)

What are you waiting on this week?

10 comments:

  1. I have not read any of the Curse Workers series and I don't even know what they were about, until I looked them up just now :P. Now, I. Must. Read. This. Series! Oh it sounds amazing!!

    Great pick! I'm a new follower :)

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i definitely want to read this i love her books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series and I'm so excited to read Black Heart. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of your fave male characters ever? I might have to check this series out!! I've heard good things, just haven't gotten around it reading it. Yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liiiz! I can't wait for you to read Red Glove :D I liked it even more than White Cat. I can't wait to read the last installment even though I'll be sad it's over.

    I really like the UK covers too! Especially this one. It's amazingly creepy.

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHH. I need to read this series already. Espeically since you call Cassel one of your favourites *gasp* EVER?!

    Actually, I need to read ANY Holly Black book because I have still yet to read her fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very much looking forward to this one, too. Love the whole series. Great pick!

    If you’d like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i read the first one in the series, but haven't gotten back to this world...i think i may be visiting there soon ~dixie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to read the second book yet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read the White Cat seris at all even though I own the first book. I shall have to get around to reading it soon since you seem to like this series.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)