Sunday, 26 February 2012

In My Mailbox (#42): Birthday Edition

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren.

I hunted around the house for the camera today, so I could show you my birthday haul (mixed with some review books from last week). I am officially an adult! J'ai dix-huit ans. I guess to many people this would be a huge deal, but to be honest, I feel exactly the same :P. Aaaanyway, here are ze books: 



Some cool swag there! I pre-ordered some things too, which have yet to arrive.

I also got...a Kindle!

No photo yet because I am busy setting it up, but I can tell you it has a nice purple cover and is generally just awesome.

Kindle books:




For Review: 
Bunheads by Sophie Flack
Masters of the Veil by Daniel Cohen
Invincible (Chronicles of Nick #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon (haven't read the first one in this series, so I'm not sure what to do. May request it - has anyone read this series? What do you think?)

Gifts (from various family members, friends and blogger friends - thank you!):
Fever (The Chemical Garden #2) by Lauren DeStefano
Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire #2) by Courtney Allison Moulton
Everneath (Everneath #1) by Brodi Ashton
Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry #1) by Simone Elkeles
Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder #2) by Kimberly Derting
Fated (Fated #1) by Sarah Alderson
I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies #1) by Pittacus Lore
Enclave (Razorland #1) by Ann Aguirre
Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #1) by Jessica Spotswood (from the amazing Asher @ Paranormal Indulgence)
Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls #1) by C. C. Hunter (from the awesome Alexa @ Pages of Forbidden Love)
A Witch in Winter (Winter Trilogy #1) by Ruth Warburton
Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver (from the lovely Cait @ The Cait Files)
Kindle books:
Brightest Kind of Darkness (Brightest Kind of Darkness #1) by P. T. Michelle
A Tale of Two Proms (Bard Academy #4) by Cara Lockwood
Touch (Denazen #1) by Jus Accardo
Deadly Cool (Deadly Cool #1) Gemma Halliday
Cold Kiss (Cold Kiss #1) by Amy Garvey
The Boyfriend Thief by Shana Norris
Remembrance (Transcend Time #1)

Freebie:
Exiled (The Protector #1) by M. R. Merrick

And that is my birthday haul. I'm almost frightened by the size of my TBR pile now...

Many thanks to Alexa, Asher, Atom, Cait, friends & family and Spencer Hill Press.

26 comments:

  1. - Enclave is an amazing read!
    - I can't to start reading Wing of the Wicked.
    - You know I still have yet to read The Body Finder! *hides in shame* LOL x)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome mailbox! And happy birthday for when it was! :D I must get Wings of the Wicked and The Art of Truth and Dare! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Congrats on the kindle & so many awesome books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I MISSED YOUR BIRTHDAY. WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME IT WAS YOUR BIRTHDAY, DAMNIT?! =\ HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LIZMAS! (don't ask. I always think of that episode of Smallville called Lexmas when I write your name haha).

    Anyway, HOLY AWESOME MAILBOX LIZMAS! *jaw drop* PANDEMONIUM!!! EEEE! BRODIE WANTS! And oh, I can't wait to read Fever and TFAOTOD aswell. So, so excited you have Fated, Born Wicked, AWIW, Enclave, PC and Everneath! LOVED them all. And and and you has a KINDLE! YAY!!!

    So many incredible books, but you so deserve them. Hope you had a fantastic birthday! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Liz!!! Wow, what a haul and a Kindle, you lucky girl! Enjoy it and have yourself a wild party! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously . . . such an awesome book haul you have there! :) See many awesome titles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh by the way . . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZ!

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday Liz! Wow, so many great books, but the best I think it's the Kindle! hehe Happy Reading!
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy happy birthday grown up girl. You have to start being responsible and going to college and doing all your work before 7pm now ;)

    You picked excellent birthday books but I knew you had good taste ;) You'll love Perfect Chemistry, Everneath and A Witch in Winter and Born Wicked, Fated and Enclave all look amazing.

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!

    Your books look AMAZING! So many fantastic choices. So many new book opportunities with your kindle, too! :)

    New to your blog - the name is fantastic!
    Stephanie
    My Latest Post|Enter my Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday! Congrats on the kindle & so many awesome books!!!

    everneath is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO many great books! i've heard everneath is great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I'm jealous of all the great books that you got this week! It is quite the Birthday Haul! I love Perfect Chemistry. I need to come to England and just raid your bookshelves and have a reading week lol.

    Happy Birthday, enjoy being an official adult now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you had a brill birthday!!!!!

    Great IMM, some I have, some I want!!!

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you had a great birthday and you got a TON of books! Hope you enjoy them all! I hope you really enjoy the kindle too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LIZ!!!!! Obviously this is going to be a great year for you... I mean, you've already learned French! ;) Haha, seriously though... you're awesome. You know that, right? I hope that this year is 10x better than last year and that you read some fantastic books.

    Speaking of fantastic books... that's quite a haul! ALL of those look amazing but I'm especially excited for Fever, Everneath and Pandemonium! OH AND A KINDLE TOO!! That is sooo awesome Liz. Enjoy!

    Happy reading!

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  16. it's awesome, so many amazing reads! I really want to read some too!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wound up really enjoying Cold Kiss. It wasn't what I expected it to be, but that actually wound up being a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW, so awesome! Having a Kindle is great... I don't know what I ever did without mine! The Brightest Kind of Darkness is REALLY good!

    Happy reading!
    In My Mailbox #11

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Happy 18th birthday and HOLY MOLY do you have a flipping amazing book haul to celebrate!! I'm not even sure where to begin with what books I want most here haha :) I'm reading Fever right now, and I'll be reading Perfect Chemistry soon after because everyone has said it rocks!

    Hope you enjoy everything that you got this week! You can check out my IMM at the link below :)

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday!! I hope you enjoy it all...though with that huge selection, I'm sure there's something you'll like. I really loved Invincible, and Deadly Cool and Touch are quite good too. And yay for getting a kindle! They're so useful...
    Enjoy it all, and enjoy being an adult!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy belated birthday!! You had an amazing birthday haul with so many awesome books that will keep you busy for awhile. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hehe. I found that I love forking over birthday gifts when they involve books :DDD I'm so happy you had such a great haul for your bday, Liz! YAY. Hope you enjoy the books!

    Asher

    ReplyDelete
  23. awww you got a great set of books for your birthday! I think I missed it on twitter, Im sorry but happy birthday for last week and I hope you had a great one. I didnt feel any different at 18 either tbh, not until my parents abandoned me ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, what a week! Congrats on the Kindle. I loved Bunheads.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy 18th!! Honestly, I never felt any different when I turned 18 either. Congrats on getting a kindle and so many amazing books!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)