Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #41


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Lucid by Adrienne Stoltz & Ron Bass
July 19th 2012
Find it in Goodreads

What if you could dream your way into a different life? What if you could choose to live that life forever?

Sloane and Maggie have never met. Sloane is a straight-A student with a big and loving family. Maggie lives a glamorously independent life as an up-and-coming actress in New York. The two girls couldn't be more different - except for one thing. They share a secret that they can't tell a soul. At night, they dream that they're each other.

The deeper they're pulled into the promise of their own lives, the more their worlds begin to blur dangerously together. Before long, Sloane and Maggie can no longer tell which life is real and which is just a dream. They realize that eventually they will have to choose one life to wake up to, or risk spiraling into insanity. But that means giving up one world, one love, and one self, forever.

This is a dazzling debut that will still readers' hearts.
(from Goodreads)

I am so intrigued by this one. I've recently become fascinated by lucid dreaming (basically, being aware that you're dreaming, and therefore having the ability to shape your dream into whatever you want) and I'm assuming from the title "Lucid" and the synopsis that lucid dreaming is going to play quite a big role - but with a dark twist. The fact that the characters in the book lose the ability to distinguish between dreams and reality is quite frightening - I love books where it's hard to tell what's real and what isn't! Really excited about this one - can't wait to see what happens and how the girls deal with the risk of spiraling into insanity. I also love the cover. Quite unique and gives the hint that there's something very odd going on. The blurring of the font is also very clever - symbolising the blurred lines between dreams and reality, I assume? Whatever, it's cool! :P

What are you waiting on this week?

10 comments:

  1. Okay that sounds amazingly creepy. Count me in for this one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one does sound good! Thanks for sharing...

    Here's MY WOW POST – Spin - and here’s
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm fascinating by lucid dreaming too!! I'd love to be able to do that. This book sounds amazing, anything that begins to blur the lines between dreams and reality always has my interest. And what what can I say.. the word 'insanity' in any synopsis makes me giddy with excitement hehe. Awesome pick, Liz!

    AND CONGRATS ON YOUR 500 FOLLOWERS!!!! WOOOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this book around on goodreads. Sounds good. Like Brodie said, congrats on your 500 followers! I can't wait til I hit so many!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this one just looks so cool!

    stop by my imm?! I have some dark picks this week!

    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-is-fun-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeek, not being able tell the difference between reality and dreams? Scary! Sounds like a interesting and unique read. LOVE the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS ONE? O_O It sounds amaaaaaaaazingg! Awesome choice :D I've actually become recently fascinated with lucid dreaming too, funnily enough (my cousin can apparently do it).

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh interesting concept, I'll keep an eye out for this one

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds very cool! I'll add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This does sound really cool! I think it would freak me out if I could direct my dreams. A lot.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)