Wednesday, 21 December 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #40


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Revived by Cat Patrick
May 8th 2012
Find it on Goodreads

As a little girl, Daisy Appleby was killed in a school bus crash. Moments after the accident, she was brought back to life.

A secret government agency has developed a drug called Revive that can bring people back from the dead, and Daisy Appleby, a test subject, has been Revived five times in fifteen years. Daisy takes extraordinary risks, knowing that she can beat death, but each new death also means a new name, a new city, and a new life. When she meets Matt McKean, Daisy begins to question the moral implications of Revive, and as she discovers the agency’s true goals, she realizes she’s at the center of something much larger — and more sinister — than she ever imagined.
(from Goodreads)

Okay, so I haven't read Cat Patrick's first book yet, Forgotten, but I've heard amazing things about it, so I'm really looking forward to this one! The whole concept of bringing back people from the dead is really intriguing - I'm curious about these people's motives for keeping Daisy alive. Looks like there'll be a nice forbidden-type romance on the side too, which sounds awesome! Plus, I love this cover! Very eye-catching.

What are you waiting on this week?

9 comments:

  1. I'm soo excited for this one as well! I'm hoping to be able to read my ARC soon because I've heard that it's just incredible! And that cover is so pretty as well :)

    My WoW at Esther's Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds very interesting. I keep meaning to read Forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds so good! Love the cover, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE this cover!! And the story sounds really good too. Great pick and happy holidays!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for this! It looks amazing! Forgotten was awesome so ;) Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't believe you haven't read Forgotten, it's SO good! This looks amazing as well and I adore the cover!

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVED Forgotten, so this could be a book 6ft spiders falling in love and I'd still..... okay, no. I wouldn't read about freaking spiders *shudders* But I'd read ANYTHING else Cat writes. Plus, Revived sounds freaking amazing!! And yes, I love the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm fortunate to have an ARC of Revived. I'm hoping I enjoy it just as much as I did with Forgotten! Great WoW pick! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)