Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #39


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Pizza, Love and Other Stuff that Made Me Famous by Kathryn Williams
August 21st 2012
Find it on Goodreads

Can a spot on a teen reality show really lead to a scholarship at an elite cooking school AND a summer romance?

Sixteen-year-old Sophie Nicolaides was practically raised in the kitchen of her family’s Italian-Greek restaurant, Taverna Ristorante. When her best friend, Alex, tries to convince her to audition for a new reality show, Teen Test Kitchen, Sophie is reluctant. But the prize includes a full scholarship to one of America's finest culinary schools and a summer in Napa, California, not to mention fame.

Once on-set, Sophie immediately finds herself in the thick of the drama—including a secret burn book, cutthroat celebrity judges, and a very cute French chef. Sophie must figure out a way to survive all the heat and still stay true to herself. A terrific YA offering--fresh, fun, and sprinkled with romance.
(from Goodreads)

This just sounds soo cute and adorable and fun! I have to admit, I do like watching the odd cooking program, so the premise of this book really intrigues me! I imagine a teen cooking contest would be pretty competitive. I'm already imagining all the crazy drama backstage! The secret burn book is another plus, because Mean Girls is one of my all time favourite films (and I'm assuming this is a reference to it), so looking forward to seeing how it's done here. And of course, there's the very cute French chef... Can't wait to read this one! :D

What are you waiting on this week?

12 comments:

  1. It sounds cute, I think I'll like this one!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually heard of this one not too long ago and fell in love with the concept. I adore the premise.

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so entertaining! And seriously, is there a person alive who hasn't seen Mean Girls? haha (apologies to those who haven't!) so it's always fun to see those elements elsewhere. And how can I resist a guy who cooks AND is FRENCH?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a cute read!

    stop by my wow?!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/arc-review-incarnate.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great! I haven't heard of it. I love cute fluffy books like this one sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These seems like fun...but maybe not my thing. Hope you enjoy it though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so cute! And who doesn't love reality cooking shows? :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover!!! I can't wait to read this book!! I like the sounds of the book---unique! Great choice! Thank you for sharing it!

    Yay! New follower!! @_^

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg, someone combined my two great loves: books and cooking competitions. So reading this.

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hadn't heard of this before, but it sounds like a cute book! Nice choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This has such a cute cover and the story sounds so fun! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)