Monday, 26 December 2011

In My Mailbox (#38): Christmas Edition

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren.

My Christmas haul! So happy with everything I got (well, I did pick most of it myself ;]). Here we go:


(I've already read Half-Blood, and loved it! No idea how to write the review.)


I also got - wait for it- the Elder Wand. bhf g48y r. Seriously, I was so excited when I opened this! I've been expelliarmus-ing and expecto patronus-ing all day <3.

For Review:
The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman

Gifts (from friends/family):
The Mortal Instruments boxed set by Cassandra Clare (already read this series, but wanted to own it!)
Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta (from the awesome Cait at The Cait Files)
Bloodlines (Bloodlines #1) by Richelle Mead
Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles #3) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
The Magician's Apprentice by Trudi Canavan
The Predicteds by Christine Seifert
Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy #2) by Jennifer Estep
Saving June by Hannah Harrington
Catching Jordan by Miranda Kennealley
Firelight (Firelight #1) by Sophie Jordan
Half-Blood (Covenant #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus #2) by Rick Riordan

And that's the lot! I hope everyone who celebrates had a great Christmas, and happy holidays, everyone! Have a great New Year :). And don't forget to enter my giveaway to win a copy of The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder!

What did you get in your mailbox this week?

Many thanks to Atom, Cait, and my awesome family and friends.

13 comments:

  1. I got an Elder Wand for Christmas too!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, nice haul!

    I loved Firelight! Such a good read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome haul!! I really want to read Bloodlines. And I still haven't gotten around to Beautiful Chaos yet...sigh.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEY CHRISTMAS IMM! I'm gonna do mine next week instead -__- you got so many awesome books and I hope you love Saving Francesca

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  5. gah! i wanted Beautiful Chaos but alas didn't get it so i already know where my Book tokens shall go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BLOODLINES! LIZ, YOU GOT BLOODLINES. BLOODLINES. BLOODLINES. Fina-a-freaking-lly :P I looove Saving June and Firelight too. And oh man, the ending of Beautiful Chaos? *gasp*

    Ridiculously jealous you got The Book of Blood and Shadow, it sounds AMAZING.

    And I'm not even commenting on the Elder Wand *shoots daggers of jealousy* Okay, I will comment. SO AWESOME!!! Best present you could give a HP nerd :D

    Wanna duel? I have Harry's wand... okay, so maybe it's plastic. But whatever. I bet I could take you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *drools* What an awesome IMM! LOVE the Elder Wand! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You haven't read Bloodlines yet? *shakes* One of the best reads! ;)

    As for the elder wand . . . AWESOME! I am now officially jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So jealous of the wand!! I would love one of those.

    Great selection of books too. I haven't read the Cassandra Clare books but they are on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love love Catching Jordan, you must read it asap! I still have yet to read City of Glass even though you have told me how amazing it is. I'm glad you got so many great looking books for Christmas. Can't wait for your reviews on them.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Great mailbox! I hope you enjoy all your new Christmas reads!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, Liz, where do I even start?! O_O

    Yay Bloodlines! Woo hoo Firelight! Go Half Blood!

    I'm glad you had such a bookish Christmas! :) Happy reading!

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard Catching Jordan is reeeeally good. I've been thinking about reading it too, so I'll wait to see what you think of it! :)

    And that Elder Wand? A-MA-ZING. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)