Wednesday, 23 November 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #38


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Moonrise (Low Red Moon #2) by Ivy Devlin
January 31st 2012
Find it on Goodreads

Avery and Ben are just beginning to explore the depth of the bond that links them. Their ability to sense each others' feelings and Avery's mysterious connection to the forest mean that their love is unlike any other. But even such a perfect bond can be strained by jealousy, and when Hope, a gorgeous girl from Ben's old life, arrives in town, Avery can't help but feel threatened. And in more ways than one-because someone is trying to kill her, again.

Also new in town are a pair of Hunters-men who know about werewolves and who seek only to destroy what they can't understand. Hope is connected to the Hunters somehow, but by the time Avery figures out her secret, it's too late-and someone will pay with their life. With the glowing, emotional language that made Low Red Moon such an irresistible read, Moonrise ups the romantic stakes with a heart-tugging sacrifice that testifies to the power of love.
(from Goodreads)

Not entirely sure if this is the final cover...but considering I didn't even KNOW there was a sequel to Low Red Moon until two days ago, I'm not too fussed to be honest. Pretty damn excited for this! I didn't love-love the first book, but I'm definitely curious enough to want to read this one. I want to know why exactly Avery has this connection to the forest! Plus with the arrival of Hope, I'm sure there'll be some interesting drama to read about too! :P

What are you waiting on this week?

12 comments:

  1. I don't know if it's true, but read that Ivy Devlin is actually Elizabeth Scott.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh wow I love this cover! Never heard of the series before but I'll go take a look at book 1 I love the sounds of it!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I haven't read LRM, and I didn't realise it was the first in a series! May have to check it out now.

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got Low Red Moon, I haven't read it yet. I'm planning on it within the next month. This book looks like it's going to be great. :)

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    My WoW!
    My YA Author's Appreciation Event!
    susanhaugland@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this book, yet it sounds very intensely interesting! Great choice! Thank you for sharing!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't a huge fan of Low Red Moon either, but now that the groundwork has been set up, I'd be curious to see where the story goes in Moonrise! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this was almost my pick tonight!

    stop by my WOW post!? I have a few picks!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh, I've not heard of this one before! It definitely sounds interesting. :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! I'm so excited about this book as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read Low Red Moon yet, but totally want to! I see copies of it in the book section of Kmart every damn time I go in there, so it's clearly calling out to me ;D

    And LOL at your comment.... I'm.... a... book vampire. There, my secret is out! I don't sleep. The internet is my playground where I prey on upcoming books *makes book nomming noises* Really though, I just stalk various websites on the Tuesday night and try my hardest to find not-so-known books haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Should I read Low Red Moon? I mean, is it worth the read? It sounds interesting but I haven't read too many reviews on it.

    I really hope that isn't the final cover... LOL. Although it would probably look a lot better IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've had Low Red Moon on my shelf for a while, but I haven't gotten around to reading it, yet. Ivy Devlin is a pen name for Elizabeth Scott, right?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)