Sunday, 6 November 2011

In My Mailbox (#34 + #35)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren.

I was crazy busy last Sunday and missed IMM, so today is all the books I've gotten over the last two weeks.


For Review:
The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg (I got this one as part of WHSmith's Christmas campaign, so look out for a review and a related post soon!)
Forgive My Fins (Fins #1) by Tera Lynn Childs
Fins are Forever (Fins #2) by Tera Lynn Childs
Arcadia Awakens (Arkadien #1) by Kai Meyer
Immortal Beloved (Immortal Beloved #1) by Cate Tiernan
Darkness Falls (Immortal Beloved #2) by Cate Tiernan
Blood (Mercian Trilogy #1) by K. J. Wignall

And that's what I got in the last two weeks! Blood I got free from the Foyles Cassie Clare event which I went to with Cait from The Cait Files (and she's written a much more detailed post about it here). It was absolutely amazing! Cassie was there with Sarah Rees Brennan, and they were both so hilarious! It was a lot of fun (even though I ended up completely embarrassing myself in front of Cassie and Sarah from nerves :P). In other news, this week has been a very exciting week for books! Lots of cover reveals (Endlessly, For Darkness Shows the Stars, Fated - to name a few!) that have got me really excited for 2012! Which covers do you like best? And which 2012 books are you looking forward to most? There are so many great-sounding books releasing, it's hard to narrow it down...

What did you get in your mailbox this week?

Many thanks to Jodi and WHSmith, Hodder, Egmont and Templar Publishing.

22 comments:

  1. Oh Immortal Beloved looks fantastic! I love the cover. Fab mailbox this week!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, we both got Arcadia Awakens! So excited to read that. I LOVE the Immortal Beloved series - interested to see what you'll think. I'm also going to steal your copy of Catastrphic History. You don't mind, do you? OF COURES YOU DON'T. Enjoy your awesome books!

    Ooh so awesome you got to not only meet up with a fellow blogger, but two authors you love! Glad you had fun and I'm sure you didn't embarass yourself too badly :P

    The cover reveals have been AMAZING lately. I am lusting so hard. Possibly my favourite might be The Selection - it's just so vivid and beautiful. Excited to read ALL the 2012 books!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Forgive My Fins and Fins are Forever, they are cute!
    Happy Reading!
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are some awesome covers!! i love mermaid books, so the forgive my fins books look so good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Immortal Beloved was really good. I'm so jealous of Darkness Falls lol. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TCHOYAM looks sooo good!!! enjoy it!

    here's my FIRST ever IMM! stop by?! :)

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I loved The Catastrophic History of You and Me! Hope you enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fins are Forever is great and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome books! I'm looking forward to your reviews. I have a few of these but haven't read them yet. Very curious about Arcadia Awakens. Here's what I got this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Immortal Beloved looks awesome! Enjoy :)

    Come visit my IMM and enter to win an Amazon Kindle Fire!

    -Amanda
    Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome books, Liz! There are many there that I have been just waiting for the chance to read. I hope you enjoy them! Have a great week. :-)

    My IMM

    Marla @ Starting the Next Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great set! Forgive My Fins is very cute. The Cate Tiernan books sound very interesting.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great books! I've heard good things about immortal beloved, So Jealous! Looking forward to your reviews :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got some amazing things these last two weeks! I got Arcadia Awakens last week and I am dying to read The Catastrophic History of You and Me. Hope you enjoy them all!

    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome haul! I really want to read Immortal Beloved, I think it sounds great! Enjoy.
    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Catastrophic History of You and Me sounds really good... I hope you have a fun time reading it! And that's so awesome that you met Cassandra Clare! I met her last year and completely blanked when I had the chance to speak with her as my books were getting signed... I WAS SO NERVOUS. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great IMM! I'm looking forward to your review of Arcadia Awakens as it's on my wishlist and I'm curious about this book :) Enjoy your reading, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Why does it feel like I haven't been here in forever? You need to discuss with me the awesomeness - it was awesome right? - of The Catastrophic History of... You get it :P And even I have to ask myself why I haven't started reading Childs's books yet?? Lovely haul, friend(:

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really need to read Forgive my Fins, I have the second book but I don't have the first, don't even ask me how that happened lol.

    I hope you enjoy all of the great looking books that you got this week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)