Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #32


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Fracture by Megan Miranda
January 5th 2012
Find it on Goodreads

Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine—despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she’s far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can’t control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?

Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she’s reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy’s motives aren’t quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature—or something much more frightening?
(from Goodreads)

This one looks creepy, but awesome. I love the idea that people are altered once they "die" and are brought back! I'm really curious about Delaney and Troy's abilities, and why they got them in the first place. I sense there is definitely something sinister going on... And Troy's motives? What could that all be about? Veeery intrigued.

What are you waiting on this week?

9 comments:

  1. Oooh, I am so waiting on this one too! Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does sound a little creepy. I haven't seen the cover with the red font and jacket but I really like that!

    My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! This one sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pick, it sounds really interesting, it makes me want to know what happens. New Follower. =]
    Here is My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an intense read, good choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah I got this one on my TBR list as well it sounds great. Great pick! :)

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads
    Btw- I'm giving away an ARC of Legend and it ends tonight if you haven't entered yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds really interesting! i like the wintery cover. great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh great pick, Liz! I'm really intrigued by this. I love those 'altered by death' reads too, so I'm definitely excited to see what Megan has in store for us. PLUS I read that it's being released in AU, which always makes me happy! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)