Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #30


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

A Witch in Winter by Ruth Warburton
January 12th 2012
Find it on Goodreads

Anna Winterson doesn't know she's a witch and would probably mock you for believing in magic, but after moving to the small town of Winter with her father, she learns more than she ever wanted to about power. When Anna meets Seth, she is smitten, but when she enchants him to love her, she unwittingly amplifies a deadly conflict between two witch clans and splits her own heart in two. She wants to love Seth, to let him love her - but if it is her magic that's controlling his passion, then she is as monstrous as the witch clan who are trying to use her amazing powers for their own gain. (from Goodreads)

I love witch books! There aren't a lot out there at the moment, so I'm really looking forward to this one. Plus, this whole Seth relationship sounds awesome - is she controlling him? Ahh, can't wait to read it! I also love the lightning on the cover...spooky.

What are you waiting on this week?

12 comments:

  1. SUPER excited for this! I've been anticipating since I first read the book deal announcement. Witches are an instant hook for me and this relationship is bound to be full of drama. Plus dead conflict between witch clans? Please someone get me this book asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this book before! Adding it to my list ;) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this but it definitely sounds good. I'll have to add it to my TBR list.

    My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I was like, Female Harry Potter! Then I was like, Seth is always the bad boy's name. Then I decided this sounds interesting, haha.

    Awesome pick, Liz. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read that many books about witches, but I still enjoy reading them! This book sounds really good! Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I didn't know this book but I just love the cover ! It sounds nice, thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found out about this one recently but I can't wait to read it! I love witch stories :) I can already see the "WHAT AM I DOING?" thoughts that will be going through Anna's head. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, another book about a witch. I'm all excited for! :)

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    My WoW!
    Don't forget to enter: My Birthday Bash Giveaway! (Not International, sorry!)
    susanhaugland@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this cover! The synopsis sounds so good too!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love witchy reads too. This one is new to me and certainly sounds like one I would enjoy. My WOW is a witchy book too!

    Donna @ The Happy Booker

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sound of this one. Added to my wish list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know, I sent the link for this post to Ruth and she was super excited by it ;) I'm glad you wanna read this-it sounds soooooooo good. and LOL that you could predict I'd like Reth best :P


    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)