Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #29


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Hallowed (Unearthly #2) by Cynthia Hand
January 2012

For months part-angel Clara Gardner trained to face the raging forest fire from her visions and rescue the alluring and mysterious Christian Prescott from the blaze. But nothing could prepare her for the fateful decisions she would be forced to make that day, or the startling revelation that her purpose—the task she was put on earth to accomplish—is not as straightforward as she thought. Now, torn between her increasingly complicated feelings for Christian and her love for her boyfriend, Tucker, Clara struggles to make sense of what she was supposed to do the day of the fire. And, as she is drawn further into the world of part angels and the growing conflict between White Wings and Black Wings, Clara learns of the terrifying new reality that she must face: Someone close to her will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning. (from Goodreads)

I really loved Unearthly, so looking forward to this one. I'm a member of Team Tucker, however, so I'm not overly fond of the UK cover (because I'm assuming that's Christian on there? Hmm, I dunno). The book sounds great though, I really want to find out more about the Black Wings and the whole bond thing between Clara and Christian. And of course, I want some more awesome Tucker moments ;).

What are you waiting on this week?

16 comments:

  1. Despite also being Team Tucker, I do love the tone of this cover. The UK ones are just so gorgeous! That stormy sky backdrop is perfect. Loved Unearthly and love the sound of this one! 2012 has so many amazing sequels, cannot flipping wait :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that I like the US cover better. Great pick! So excited for this one!!

    My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I am eager for this one too! Although I like seeing a different character on the cover, I wish he was more in the background then the actual focus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Unearthly! I can't wait to read this one. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I STILL haven't read unearthly!! Not sure how I feel about the cover of this either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaah, I have Unearthly but I haven't read it yet. Another book on my pile of shame. I really should get to it soon, I've heard amazing things!

    WHO IS THIS TUCKER BOY EVERYONE IS IN LOVE WITH? Honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhh, I haven't seen this cover before! I love it! I definitely need to read Unearthly, and soon. I've heard so many good things. :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! I read Unearthly earlier this year and its my first time seeing the cover for Hallowed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Team Tucker FTW! I'm definitely looking forward to this one too. I don't know that the guy on this cover really looks like my image of Tucker *or* Christian, LOL, but I must say I do like how they've made the clouds in the background look a bit like wings behind him. It's a subtle but cool effect :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adored Unearthly. Definitely Team Tucker here, too. I am not a huge fan of the US or the UK covers for these books---I wish I could get my hands on the Aussie covers!! (Although I haven't seen the AU cover for the second book, I'm sure it will be lovely!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so waiting on this one too! Can't wait! Also, I lurve Christian! I know most people are Team Tucker so I have Christian all to myself! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am beyond excited for Hallowed! LOVED Unearthly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, I can't wait for this one. The cover's kind of ho-hum but it's what's inside that counts, right?
    Mary @ BookSwarm

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting cover...I'm definitely a bigger fan of the US cover! Haha. But still--I loved Unearthly and I'm looking forward to reading the sequel! :)
    - Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just to get it out there - I'm Team Tucker. But I'm a bigger fan of the US cover.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait for this one, although I have mainly forgot what happens in Unearthly!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)