Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #28


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen
February 16th 2011
Find it on Goodreads

Pretty in Pink meets Anna and the French Kiss in this charming
romantic comedy

Ella is nearly invisible at the Willing School, and that’s just fine by her. She’s got her friends— the fabulous Frankie and their sweet cohort Sadie. She’s got her art— and her idol, the unappreciated 19th-century painter Edward Willing. Still, it’s hard being a nobody and having a crush on the biggest somebody in the school: Alex Bainbridge. Especially when he is your French tutor, and lessons have started becoming, well, certainly more interesting than French ever has been before. But can the invisible girl actually end up with a happily ever after with the golden boy, when no one even knows they’re dating? And is Ella going to dare to be that girl?
(from Goodreads)

This sounds brilliant. It's been compared to Anna and the French Kiss, which is my favourite contemporary novel, so I can't wait for this one! This Alex guy sounds like very swoon-worthy. I think if he'd been my French tutor, I'd actually have paid attention to the subject. Maybe then I'd be able to remember more than just "Je vais au cinéma avec mes amies" (literally, this is all I can remember from six years of French). Anyway, this definitely seems like it'll be fun and cute, so really looking forward to it.

What are you waiting on this week?

14 comments:

  1. It had me at Anna and the French Kiss!! <3 I'm totally loving these kind of contemp novels, so I'm really eager for this. Oui! (one of the five French words I understand haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, why have I not heard of this one before?? It's definitely going on my list! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, this one sounds great, I haven't heard of it before either!

    Our WOW pick is at Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover for this one!!

    Great pick :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pick! You know what I took four years of french in high school and now I only remember a couple of phrases.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had this one my TBR list. It looks so cute. And the fact that it might be like Anna and the French Kiss? Awesome! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, yes, yes! That comparison sounds soooo good, I added it to my wishlist a while ago after just reading that line LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. This cover is so cute and then it says it's compared to Anna and the French Kiss. Then the addition of artsy things to the storyline... This is definitely going on my list!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my pick today :)

    Erika @ One A Day Y.A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a cute cover!! sounds like it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. EEP! I want this one so bad! Great choice. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha, I love how all you can remember from your French class is that you want to go the movies with your friends! If it's anything close to Anna and the French Kiss, I'm sure it will be an awesome contemporary novel because I love that book too! Great WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds adorable and that cover is just too freaking cute. Great choice this week! I'm definitely looking forward to this too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really sounds great and i appreciate your great work..
    Register Domain

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)