Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Top Ten Tuesday #2

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new Top Ten list is posted that one of the bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer.

This week's topic: 

Top Ten Sequels We're Dying to Read

1. Insurgent by Veronica Roth - oh my God, this book. I want it. I want it so much. I NEED to know what happens. Like, it's an actual physical need. I just have to know. I mean, after what happened at the end of the first book... I loved Divergent so much - Tris was an awesome MC and Four...wow. Just, wow. I NEED THIS BOOK.

2. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver - the ending of Delirium was EVIL. Pure, pure evil. How could it end like that? Pandemonium will have answers. I'm desperate to find out what will happen to Lena and Alex (please no love triangle, though).

3. If I Die by Rachel Vincent - guys. This book scares me. I used to be Team Nash, but after books three and four...I don't know. I just have a feeling he's going to mess up in this book. But still, it just looks SO GOOD. And Tod. I need more Tod. I am very close to joining Team Tod, this book may just be the thing to cause my switch...

4. City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare - everyone who has read City of Fallen Angels will understand why I'm dying to read this one. That last chapter? The hell? I mean, seriously. Must. Have. This. Book.

5. The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan - I mostly want this one because I refuse to read The Lost Hero until this is released. A friend told me what happens in TLH, and I just can't read it until I KNOW the next book explains what the frig is happening to Percy. Percy is one of my favourite characters of all time - I'm scared he'll be messed up in this series...

6. Losing Lila by Sarah Alderson - have you read Hunting Lila? Have you? If not, GO READ IT NOW. Because it's immensely awesome. And I need to get back to these characters. I think Alex/Lila is just one of the best relationships ever. Plus, I'm so curious to find out what happens next.

7. Surrender by Lee Nichols - I adore the Haunting Emma series, and I can't wait for this one! I need more Bennett. Plus, so much stuff is happening at the moment with Emma and her powers! This is a must read for me when it comes out.

8. The Death Cure by James Dashner - O_O. The Scorch Trials was awesome. And the ending...all I know is that The Death Cure will be brilliant. It has to be, because to explain what's going on...if I say anymore, I will become (more) incoherent. Therefore, I will leave it at that.

9. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins - does this count as a sequel? It is, kind of. Anyway, if it's anywhere near as good as Anna and the French Kiss, it will be amazing. Anna and the French Kiss is currently my favourite contemp of all time, so I'm interested to see whether Lola will live up to its predecessor... Also, Cricket.

10. Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter - Zach. Only the Good Spy Young made me love him EVEN MORE, which I didn't think was possible. I need more Zach. Also, the synopsis - what? Cammie loses her memory? But what about The Circle? What about everything? Must read this book. I am obsessed with this series.

I have many others, but these were my top ten! What sequels are you waiting for? :)

EDIT: Oh my fudgesticks, I forgot Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins and Fever by Lauren DeStefano. I'm counting down the days for those! Curse my poor memory... You know, ten really isn't enough for this list. I'm sure I could list at least twenty-five...

9 comments:

  1. Oh, you've got some good ones on here! I'll definitely be looking out for Insurgent, of course, and I'm eager to see more Tod in If I Die (I was Team Nash at one point, but now I've seen the light and made the switch to Team Tod! ;P)

    And I really enjoyed Anna & the French Kiss so I am certainly anticipating Lola & the Boy Next Door! Apparently some early reviews suggest it's even BETTER than Anna...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL good list! CoLS and Insurgent and Pandemonium I am dyinngggggg for! If you'd read CA, then CP would be on your list too ;)

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list, Liz! So many of those would be on my list if I were to make one. Pretty easy to be dying for books with all the cliffhangers though, huh? Delirium, CoFA... Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reaaaaaaaally looking forward to City of Lost Souls! Lola is so good. I hope you enjoy all of these when they come out! I still have to start some of these series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. INSURGENT! SERIOUSLY. This is my most NEEDED (not wanted, not craved for, but NEEDED) book of 2012. How are we going to survive the wait, Liz? :/

    And yesyesyesyes to Pandemonium, Lola, Losing Lila and Surrender (reading Deception now and loving it!). Seriously need to get on the rest of the Gallagher Girls books, OOSOOT sounds awesome from what you've written!

    ALSO: THE GOLDEN LILY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I have all of these right now? PLEASE???? Though I have read If I Die. Believe me, you are gonna LOVE it. =D =D Also, NEED to read Hunting Lila. Too bad it isn't out in the US. =(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that I've seen a lot of everyone's list, I'm more convinced that this meme should be at least a TOP FIFTY. Lol. I want to read Pandemonium, City of Lost Souls and Lola! How could I've missed those in my list? Awesome list! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just picked up Hunting Lila this week! Guess I'll have to take your advice and read it right away. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a couple similar ones. I feel like I'll be reading lots of sequels since I started a lot of series last year that I want to continue with and just have to wait for the sequel release.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)