Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #26


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Catastrophic History of You & Me by Jess Rothenberg
January 17th 2012
Find it on Goodreads

BRIE'S LIFE ENDS AT SIXTEEN: Her boyfriend tells her he doesn't love her, and the news breaks her heart—literally.

But now that she's D&G (dead and gone), Brie is about to discover that love is way more complicated than she ever imagined. Back in Half Moon Bay, her family has begun to unravel. Her best friend has been keeping a secret about Jacob, the boy she loved and lost—and the truth behind his shattering betrayal. And then there's Patrick, Brie's mysterious new guide and resident Lost Soul . . . who just might hold the key to her forever after.

With Patrick's help, Brie will have to pass through the five stages of grief before she's ready to move on. But how do you begin again, when your heart is still in pieces?
(from Goodreads)

Love the look of this one! Quite a unique idea, and it sounds amazing; a good mix of emotional, funny and cute - plus Lauren Oliver recommends it, so that's another reason to read it! Love the cover too - very original and eye-catching. 

What are you waiting on this week?

19 comments:

  1. Ooh, this is the first I'm hearing of this one and I love the blurb! I agree that the fact that Lauren Oliver loves it a definitely a draw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, 5 stages of grief? So different! Adding it to my TBR list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really does sound great! Nice pick.

    Here's my WoW

    Kristin @ Better Read Than Dead

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds really interesting. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw this looks so sad but it kind of reminds me of If I Stay, well except sadder! haha. I am definitely adding it to my TBR pile though. Thanks for the great pick! Happy Wednesday! New Follower!

    Check out Em's WoW post !
    And don't forget our amazing GIVEAWAYS !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw this one not long ago on Goodreads and added it to my TBR pile. Great pick!

    My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I've seen this cover floating around but I hadn't read the summary properly until now. Looks so good! I actually kind of thought of Before I Fall when I read it and I'm very, VERY intrigued if it's recc'd by Lauren herself. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i definitely want to read this, i picked it as my wow a few weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome pick! I am looking forward to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe -- D&G. That cracked me up. Hadn't heard of it before but it looks great. Plus, if there's humor, I'm in. Great pick!
    Mary @ BookSwarm

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the sound of this one! Even though the girl dies from a broken heart, which is just so sad... the book sounds surprisingly light and cute. I'm looking forward to this one! Great WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the sound of this! Such an intriguing idea and wait, Lauren Oliver recommended it? It MUST be brilliant then! I'd read anything that woman had her name attached too :D Can't wait for this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard a few things about this. It sounds interesting. Perhaps a bit overdone but if done well it can be really good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard about this one before. I'm a sucker for books about dead people, for some odd reason, but hope it won't be too sad in places :/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree, the cover of this one really stands out, and I like the unique-sounding approach to the 5 stages of grief!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i'm really excited about this novel too. love the premise. thanks for stopping by our WoW post. :)

    -Michelle
    Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I would like this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by yesterday! This one sounds very interesting. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a new one to me, and it sounds pretty awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)