Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #25


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Unraveling Isobel by Eileen Cook
January 3rd 2012
Find it on Goodreads

Isobel’s life is falling apart. Her mom just married some guy she met on the internet only three months before, and is moving them to his sprawling, gothic mansion off the coast of nowhere. Goodbye, best friend. Goodbye, social life. Hello, icky new stepfather, crunchy granola town, and unbelievably good-looking, officially off-limits stepbrother.

But on her first night in her new home, Isobel starts to fear that it isn’t only her life that’s unraveling—her sanity might be giving way too. Because either Isobel is losing her mind, just like her artist father did before her, or she’s seeing ghosts. Either way, Isobel’s fast on her way to being the talk of the town for all the wrong reasons. (from Goodreads)


How fab does this one sound? It has everything in it - new town, forbidden romance (and I haven't seen this done before - except on FictionPress ;]), paranormal element (I love a good ghost story), the whole is-it-real-or-am-I-crazy debate - it sounds awesome! I can't wait to read it - January is just too far away!

What are you waiting on this week?

22 comments:

  1. Can't wait for this!! Forbidden romance = deliciously yummy. I want. And I love when books mess with your mind - is it real? is it madness? - especially with a paranormal element. This book has all the ingredients for the perfect potion, provided it's brewed well!(yes, I've spent WAY too much time on a certain site today... haha).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this on my TBR too. Looks great!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/www-11-and-waiting-on-wednesday-august.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this one does sound like a great read! The story elements are captivating.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited for this one...but January? Way too far away! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds really good. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this one on my wishlist too because I really liked Cook's The Education of Hailey Kendrick. Plus, she's a Canadian author :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this one sounds great!

    New Follower!

    Kristin @ Better Read Than Dead

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for this one either, I especially love that cover. Awesome pick!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of this before, but it looks really good! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick. Adding it to my wishlist!
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-32.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am soooo excited for this one! =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Agree! Awesome pick, Liz. I've had this on my want-list for a while and can't wait. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh this is such a great pick, I'm excited for this too! I hope it's not super-dramatic, because with that summary I think it would make an awesome fun-paranormal, you know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think I have this on my list yet! It sounds really good though, so I'll have to add it. :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is on my TBR, too! Honestly, it sounds like it has a bit of all the best book elements! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm looking forward to reading Unraveling Isobel as well. It sounds good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally agree with you. January is too far away from this one. Sounds like such a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yep, I like the sound of this one too! From the summary it seems like it's got a bit of everything in there :) And the cover is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds amazing! I've been admiring this cover, but I actually never read the synopsis before now! I'll be putting this on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sounds sooooo good!! Thanks for introducing me to it =]

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't wait for this one, It sounds as good as it looks =)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)