Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #24


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver
March 6th 2012

Lauren Oliver captivated readers with Delirium, the first book in a thrilling dystopian trilogy in which Lena Haloway dared to fall in love with Alex and escape the cure, the government-mandated procedure that renders a person immune to the disease of love. Lena and Alex staked their lives on leaving their oppressive society, but only Lena broke free.

Pandemonium continues Lena’s gripping story. After escaping from Portland, Maine, Lena makes it to the Wilds and becomes part of an Invalid community, where she transforms herself into a warrior for the resistance. A future without Alex is unimaginable, but Lena pushes forward and fights, both for him and for a world in which love is no longer considered a disease. Swept up in a volatile mix of revolutionaries and counterinsurgents, Lena struggles to survive—and wonders if she may be falling in love again.

Full of danger, forbidden romance, and exquisite writing, Lauren Oliver’s sequel to Delirium races forward at a breathtaking pace and is sure to appeal to fans who crave the high-stakes action of The Hunger Games and the bittersweet love story of Romeo & Juliet.
(from Goodreads)

I recently read Delirium, and absolutely loved it, so now I can't wait for the next book! The only thing is, this line worries me: "...and wonders if she may be falling in love again."  I'm sensing a love triangle. The dreaded, dreaded love triangle. I'm too much of an Alex fan to be completely okay with this. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but even if I'm not, this book is still probably going to be awesome anyway, so I'm still excited. What are your thoughts? Are you yay or nay for love triangles? I don't mind them sometimes, but I just have a worrying feeling that what will happen is: Lena will be away from Alex, Lena will meet new guy, Lena will have likey times with new guy, big explosion of actiony stuff, Lena does actiony things, Alex returns unexpectedly, Lena now has two guys to choose from, angst...

Now my rambling is over, what are you waiting on this week?

24 comments:

  1. I'm nay for love triangles, so I really hope that doesn't happen. Fingers crossed for Lena falling for another guy to realise he's going to betray her and turn her in. Alex comes back, but he's had the cure and doesn't care about Lena anymore? Angst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the new guy is worth it, why not?

    P.S. I do not like this cover. I wish they'd match it to the cover of Delirium.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm okay with some triangles - BUT NOT FOR THIS!! Lena and Alex! <3 Go away you intruding new sexy hulk of man (of course he'll be sexy, Lauren is going to want to confuse us. I DON'T WANT TO BE CONFUSED!). Ahem. Anyway, let's hope it's just sneaky wording and she's really not falling in love with a new guy. Maybe she'll get a pet turtle or something and be exploring a new kind of 'love' between owner and pet in a world where love is forbidden? I'm sticking by that theory *twitch*

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I need to read this to find out what happens to Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Second time I've seen this today! I really need to read Delirium dont I?

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah ugh yeah, the dreaded love triangle! ;) I also cannot wait for the sequel to Delirium-- after that crazy ending, I just have to know what happens next!! Thanks for sharing :)

    You can see my WoW for this week at the link below, would love if you stopped by!

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read this one!

    Great pick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delirium was so good and I can't wait for this one! Great pick.

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! I loved Delirium and can't wait to read Pandemonium :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not the biggest fan of love triangles...But if anyone can make it work, it'll be Lauren Oliver - hopefully! ;)

    Awesome choice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Knew you would love Delirium ;)

    I know! That line is scaring me so much! I really love Alex so I hope that another guy doesn't come into the picture but... *deep breath* I trust Lauren Oliver. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to get cracking and read the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm excited for this one as well! Plus I love the cover. I seriously hope there isn't a love triangle, I would definitely not approve!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really need to start Delirium so I can read this when it's released! I'm hoping to start it soon. :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Occasionally a love triangle can be done well enough that I don't mind it... but mostly I'm just sick of them because they seem to pop up everywhere! I loved Delirium so much but I really hope Lauren doesn't decide to go that route... but if she does, I have faith that she could make it work because she's such an amazing writer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved Delirium and the new jacket for it is as awesome as this one! Can't wait for it to come out!!

    Check out Em's WoW!

    Also check out the GREAT Giveaways we have going on!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait for this one, and I love the new cover!!!

    Also I picked you for the Liebster Blog Award. Click here for details.

    Asher K.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i haven't read delirium yet, but this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Delirium was soo good! Like pretty much everyone, I'm eagerly waiting for this one too, great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not exactly fond of the fact that they changed the cover design for the second book but I'm definitely excited to read Pandemonium as well! That cliff-hanger ending for Delirium was just plain evil....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great pick! I almost did this one myself, but went with Fever instead. Can't wait to read this!

    New follower.

    Oh, thank you! I almost forgot to get in the queue for this at the library! You reminded me! :)

    New follower!

    My WoW: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/www-10-and-waiting-on-wednesday-august.html

    Also, check out my new meme, Before the Blog: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/before-blog-3-named-by-marianne-curley.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't wait for this either. Although i don't know if i will ever recover from the end of Delirium.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't wait for this one either...the ending of Delirium lefty me speachless!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lena becoming a warrior = HELLS TO THE YES, PLEASE.

    Love triangle = No no no no no no
    *backs away slowly*

    I quite like the cover change. I think this book has gone through the most that I've ever seen :O

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)