Wednesday, 3 August 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #23


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
November 15th 2011
Find it on Goodreads

Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days. The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old-girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting as
The Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices, Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its sequel. (from Goodreads)

I want this book. I want it. I need to read it. And the fact that it's not out 'til NOVEMBER makes me want to cry! I am willing to do anything to read this. Bribe people with pretty things, dress in ridiculous costumes, eat a pizza and ice-cream sandwich, anything! It just sounds so good, and anyone who knows me knows I love a good dystopian novel. Plus, "pulse-pounding romance"? I. Need. This. Book.

Sooo. What are you waiting on this week? :)

22 comments:

  1. Awesome pick! I can't wait to read this as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sing song voice* I've already reeeeead it :) Okay, that's mean. Awesome pick though, loved this!

    I SO want to see you eat a pizza and ice cream sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm seeing this one a lot. Looks good and I love the cover!

    Here's my WOW for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! This one sounds amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant wait for this one as well! =D I have heard soo many great things about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also have been looking forward to this one for a while. Ever since people brought it back from BEA. I don't really like the cover though, but the story sounds amazing.

    Thanks for telling me about my font on my blog, I changed the layout last week so there are some minor tweaks here and there that I need to fix. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all know I'm not a fan of dystopians, buuuuut this does look like it'll be pretty action-packed and thrilling and awesome. So I just might give it a shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pick! The more I see this book the more I want it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick. Looking forward to this one too!
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one does sound pretty intense! Love the font and the light/dark contrast on the cover (although that dress seems to be poofing kind of strangely?) Anyway, the "her touch is fatal" premise is very cool, it'll be interesting to see what the author does with that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really fancy this one!! Looks pretty awesome =]

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  12. i hadn't seen this before!! it looks really unique, and the cover is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So, OMG! I'm so flippin' excited for this book. I cannot wait for it to be out. Seriously, I know it's going to possibly one of my favorite reads ever! :)

    Happy Reading, Guys! ;)
    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    Teaser Tuesday & My WoW!
    susanhaugland@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am dying to read SM! I wish it was November ;)

    Wonderful WOW choice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my God YES! This one looks so crazy good. I hope you don't have to resort to ridiculous costumes in order to get your hands on it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brodie sucks. Don't listen to her. (Secretly we all kind of love you though, Brodie.)

    I NEED THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW. FALL IN MY LAP FROM THE SKY, PLEASE.

    It sounds so amazing <3 I've heard the writing is fabulous and that it's action-packed and romantic and *swoons* C'mon, Harper! Make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so excited for this one too! The cover is so gorgeous and the story ... sigh, I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is most definitely a must-read for me. I can't wait for the release date!

    Thanks for stopping by. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahh! I so want to read this book! Anything dystopian and post apocalyptic has me written all over it. Especially post apocalyptic.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome pick! Can't wait for this either :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome choice!! I've read it, I think it's gonna be worth the hype =D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)