Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Cover Reveal: Daughter of Smoke and Bone - UK

So recently, the lovely people at Hodder revealed the UK cover for Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, which will be released in the UK on September 29th. This is a book I'm really excited about, and I know a lot of other people are too, so I thought I'd share the cover with you all!


Featuring necklaces made of wishes; an underground shop dealing in teeth; magical tattoos; a wishbone on a cord, DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE is a thrilling story about Karou and her secret life as an apprentice to a wishmonger. Karou manages to keep her two lives in balance. On the one hand, she is a seventeen-year-old art student in Prague; on the other, errand-girl to an inhuman creature who deals in wishes and is the closest thing she has to family. Her life is surrounded by mysteries she is desperate to unveil. (from Goodreads)

What do you think? Love it? Hate it? Prefer the US cover? I personally love it - I think it's simple, but effective, and very pretty :). I like the US cover too though, so it's hard to choose a favourite. Let me know your thoughts!

11 comments:

  1. Does not want. As my Gran put it when she saw that and the US ARC 'I don't like that one. Can I have the other one?'

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this one is beautiful! I love the feathers. I don't know that I have a favorite though... good thing I don't have to choose! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gorgeous font but I'm not sure about the feathers - it depends I suppose if they have a significance to the story.

    I like it but I don't love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this one. More streamline. DAMN IT! The UK gets all the cool covers! Lol.

    -Amelia
    The Authoress

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it :) Simple and beautiful. Not sure if I prefer it to the US cover... I like them both! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!! I love the colours, I have an obsession with the varying shades of purple, so this one really stands out for me. But I also adore the US version - I can't choose between them. DYING to read this book though. It's seriously one of my most hotly anticipated novels this year, every review I've read has been gushing so hard. And the teasers I've seen? The writing is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this cover too but I think I like the US one just a tad better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both covers, i wish there was a bit more going on for this one but it's still so gorgeous! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually prefer the ARC lol... the blue one with the feather? yeah im weird like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the cover (I think it might look better in the flesh) but like Raimy I kind of prefer the ARC.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)