Wednesday, 6 July 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #20

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly even hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Incarnate (Newsoul #1) by Jodi Meadows
January 31st 2012

NEWSOUL
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

NOSOUL
Even Ana’s own mother thinks she’s a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she’ll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are suspicious and afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

HEART
Sam believes Ana’s new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana’s enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else’s life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?

Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life.
(from Goodreads)

How good does this sound? I love the idea of one person being a new soul in a sea of reincarnated ones. Plus, dragons?! Sold. Cannot wait to read this. The cover as well is just so pretty, even if this book was about tomatoes I'd be tempted to buy it.

What are you waiting for this week?

15 comments:

  1. Thank you for making INCARNATE your WOW!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I'm excited for this one as well. I also just love the cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amaaaazing. Great pick, I'm waiting on it too =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sound of this one. It's on my wishlist.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh sounds good. *adds to-read shelf*

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the cover for this one. Hope the story is just as beautiful as the cover. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds great--I haven't heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. whoa!! Incarnate has a gorgeous cover!! i hadn't seen this yet, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one definitely sounds amazing...I love the cover, but the synopsis is what really grabs me. Sounds like a unique story!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog - I've become a follower.

    Wow, is that cover ever gorgeous! I can be typically girly sometimes and swayed by pretty butterflies. It sounds like real fantasy, too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Magnificent cover. The book looks like a good read too.
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, I cannot wait for this one. The cover is SO gorgeous, all the pretty colours *sigh* Any book with 'reincarnation' in the synopsis and I am 100% sold. Add to that the fact that Firelight has fueled love of dragons and oh boy, this book will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok. This is going straight on to my wanted list. It looks incredible!
    Brilliant pick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. This has a very, very pretty cover! I'm so intrigued with the reincarnation story in this book. It sounds so amazing! This is already in my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a good pick! I can't wait to read Incarnate. I've actually been thinking about featuring it as my WoW sometime soon. It kind of reminds me of My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares. It has kind of similar reincarnation themes.

    But January!!! Why so far away?? Sigh.

    New follower :)
    Andie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)