Friday, 1 July 2011

It's Friday! #2


So, I've decided to make It's Friday! into an official blog feature - it's basically a post where I sum up all the things I've found interesting that have been going on in the week. Today's will be a very video-y post because, as you know, Deathly Hallows part 2 is only two weeks away, and some new clips have been released! So I'm sharing them with you all. Let me know what you think of this feature - yay or nay?

First of all (the semi-book related news), I HAVE to show you all the new featurettes and clips from the new HP movie. I warn you now - they will leave you wanting to watch the movie immediately (especially the last one).

Gringotts & Goblins


Horcruxes


In the Chamber of Secrets


If that hasn't got you excited for DH part 2, I don't know what will.

Secondly, everyone in the UK will know about the union strikes that happened on Thursday about pensions - what are your thoughts? I'm happy because I got a day off college :P. Did anyone strike, or does anyone have any opinions on the matter? Feel free to share!

Thirdly, and yes, it is another video, but it's just so funny I had to post it. I had to.


CupOfTeam. My new favourite people on youtube. This video doesn't highlight how incredibly funny they are - if you have the time, I highly suggest you watch the rest of their videos. Because they are HILARIOUS (I recommend OMG analysed and An Immature Video. I had tears in my eyes).

Last of all - the Oxford comma! First it was dropped, now it isn't? (Here's an article explaining it if you have no idea what I'm talking about.) Either way, I'm going to continue to use it. I can't go a single essay without the Oxford comma, it's too ingrained in my writing style. What do you guys think of it? Lover or hater?

And that's it from me! Except for Wimbledon news - looking forward to Murray v Nadal. It's gonna be a good match! (Still can't believe Federer got knocked out already.) Ooh, and another thing, look out for some interesting things happening here in July! For more info, read this.

4 comments:

  1. Liz! You're makin it really hard to avoid all the HP part 2 stuff!! I wanna walk into the theatre with no idea whatsoever of what to expect! I haven't watched any of the trailers or done any research. Brodie is the biggest tease! She's always postting HP things on her blog and twitter. She has no self control!

    I have no idea about the union strike but we just had a post strike here in Canada and it sucked. Post is ip and running bow though!

    By the way, I know you're not Canadian but happy canada day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You haven't watched any of the trailers? HOW HAVE YOU RESISTED? You are a stronger person than I :P. And yay about the post! I hate postal strikes, everything gets delayed... Happy Canada Day :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe. I am so WEAK! I wish I could resist like you, Honey, I want to be surprised but... I am too tempted! *cries*

    *bounces off the walls* These clips are so EPIC! Man, the movie is going to be insane. The end of the COS clip gets me so EFFING EXCITED. The music is building and the shots to Voldemort/Harry. GAH!

    By the way, I love your new layout! Looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LALALA *stuffs fingers in ears*

    I saw the actual trailer but.. that is all. I refuse to watch these because I totally ruined some scenes for myself last time.

    New layout! Again! I like it :) Actually, I've liked all of them so far. CAN I LIVE ON PLANET PRINT?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)