Thursday, 21 July 2011

International Covers #2

International Covers in a kind of irregular feature on the blog where I take a look at some covers from around the world! 

Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt
Released in UK: July 4th 2011
Find it on Goodreads
                                    
                              US                             vs                         UK

I quite like both of these covers but I think the UK one is my favourite. I prefer the colouring, and I like the font better, and I also really like the heart shape over the model's head. I also prefer the placement of the author's name. I do like the little doodles on the blackboard in the US cover though, they're quite cute!

Forgotten by Cat Patrick
Released in UK: June 7th 2011
Find it on Goodreads

                               US                                                      UK

                                                         French

                           Australian                                            German


My favourite of these has got to be the Australian one. I love flowers and how they sort of fade in the background - very pretty. I also quite like the German cover; I like the butterflies and the silhouette on the wall is really cool. I really don't like the US cover though, it looks too aggressive and weird and doesn't appeal to me at all, and the UK cover also kinda freaky  - the picture looks really awkward and I don't know, it just sort of creeps me out.

Which covers are your favourites? Any you don't like?

8 comments:

  1. Oooh. I love cover posts! I think the model in the US Sean Griswold's head looks more like the character in my head, but I love everything else in the UK version more.

    And the French & Australian covers of Forgotten are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Australian Forgotten cover is my favourite too, although the UK cover fits the story very well. I think the French cover is quite pretty. I really don't like the US cover.

    For Sean Griswold's Head the UK cover is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually prefer the US cover for Sean Griswold's Head - I just like the more toned down colour scheme. The heart around the guy's head on the UK cover is cute though :)

    Definitely the AU cover for Forgotten. I hate the US cover - it's so washed-out and boring. I kind of like the UK cover though! I appreciate its creepiness ;D

    I haven't read the book but... it's such a contrast. The US and UK look so dark (okay, maybe the US is just boring) but then the French and German (which I don't like too much) are so perky. Australian has bright colours but also looks mysterious. WINNER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^ Okay, sorry. I don't know how to shut up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm for the US cover of SeanG's Head and I too love the australian version of Forgotten--so, so pretty. Is it possible to purchase it even though I live in the US...? Hm, I'm going to have to find out.

    ~ Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely the Australian one for Forgotten! I love the red flowers. And in person it looks great on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe how many different versions of Forgotten there is! I don't like the US cover of Forgotten at all really. I prefer the AU and UK - both of which manage to capture the essence of the book. I especially like the black and white/coloured contrasts of London on the UK cover which capture how she remembers her future (the colourful version) but forgets her past (the bleak, B&W one). But overall, I like the Aussie one best because it has that lighter, sweeter, touch-your-heart feeling and that's what I got from the book. It's beautifully written and oh good lord, LONDON AND LUKE! <3

    I prefer the US of Sean Griswold's Head. UK has a cuter head, but I like the overall theme of the US :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lvoe the Austrailian Forgotten! I wish my copy was like that! and SGH... I saw the US one ages ago and forgot about it, didn't realise it was the same book til now! I love the UK one though for the same reasons as you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)