Thursday, 16 June 2011

What is Pottermore?

Chances are, if you're a Harry Potter fan, you've probably seen this site:


If for some reason you haven't come across this yet, GO SEE IT NOW. Go to www.pottermore.com, and click on the owls. They will lead you to a youtube page with a countdown on it.

Now, what does this mean, I hear you ask? Well, your guess is as good as mine. All we know so far is that J. K. Rowling has patented the word "Pottermore" and has set up the Pottermore site. In 6 days and x amount of hours (the countdown will tell you!), she will release details of Pottermore, explaining what it actually is (and I think most fans are sitting in front of their screens, refreshing the site desperately in search for more information...or is that just me? :P). Now, there isn't much to go on so far; only a few sites have been lucky enough to preview Pottermore - the HPANA fansite has said "it is breathtaking in scope, detail and sheer beauty". There are some theories as to what it might be, including an encyclopedia, a MMORPG (which is basically an online roleplaying game - think World of Warcraft), comics and many more. 

I personally think it's probably a MMORPG - how else could it be "breathtaking" in "scope" and in "detail"? But, of course, no-one will know for sure until Thursday 23rd, so all we can do is guess, and keep watching the website for more clues. The only thing we do know for sure is that Pottermore is NOT another Harry Potter book - it is not a continuation of the series. What are your theories, and what would you like Pottermore to be?

Visit the Pottermore website or twitter.

7 comments:

  1. I'm really anxious to find out what this is about! It's going to be a long six days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to find out what it is... I'm hoping it is something that all fans can enjoy, those were reading the books as they came out and those who are just now getting into the series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha erm.... what? Sitting in front of the screen refreshing desperately? I have no idea what you're talking about *finger breaks from constant clicking refresh button*

    Signs really are pointing toward a MMORPG, which would truly be amazing. And give me yet another reason to ditch real life and live inside my computer :P But whatever it is, so freaking excited! I WANT TO KNOW NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmorpg sound very likely

    think about this

    M.O.R.E

    Multiplayer
    Online
    Role playing
    Experience

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I am not a huge HP fan, I am interested in seeing what Pottermore is!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to find out about this either!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)