Thursday, 9 June 2011

International Covers

I've decided since I love discussing different covers so much, I'm going to do a post about it myself! So, as Captain Li Shang from Mulan would say, let's get down to business.

Original Sin (Personal Demons #2) by Lisa Desrochers
Released in US: July 5th 2011

                                US                          vs                     Australian

I'm going with the Australian cover here. I really don't like the US one. It's marginally better than the Personal Demons cover (which if you've read my review, you'll know I hate), but there's something about it I really don't like. I love the Australian cover though, because even though it's so simple, it highlights the whole light side vs dark side good vs evil aspect of the story.

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

                          US hardback                   vs                         UK

      Italian                        vs                   US paperback
                                      
Right, I know there's not much difference between the US hardback and paperback, but the colouring is different, the paperback is sort of less bright. I actually really love all these covers, but my favourite is probably the US paperback, because I love that original image, and I prefer the slightly toned down colour (hardback is a bit too bright for me). I really like the UK and Italian ones too, though, and I believe (but don't quote me on it) the title on the Italian cover is "Travelling to Me".

The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson 

                  UK hardback/Australian            vs                  US hardback
  
       Italian                         vs                  UK paperback
                                           
                        US paperback                   vs                      French

                           German                      vs                        Danish

There are so many lovely covers here! I can't actually choose. I love the German one, but I also really like the Italian one! And my UK version is slightly different, it has purply bits in it as well. I think they're all really interesting :).

Which covers are your favourites? Any you really don't like?

And if anyone has the time, I'd love it if you could fill in this form with your ideas on how I could improve my blog. I'd be eternally grateful!

4 comments:

  1. I love the US version of Amy and Roger's epic adventure. It looks so cute! Also, I think that the Australian cover for Original Sin is a bit boring so I would have to go with the US cover for that one, too. I love this idea of looking at different countries covers. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite of all these covers is the US hardcover for Amy and Roger's Epic Detour. The paperback's pretty too, but I'm rather fond of the brightness of the HC. I love your picks! So many pretty covers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree with you on the Original Sin covers. I really dislike both of the covers for PD and OS, but I guess Original Sin is a BIT better. The Australian one doesn't really wow me, since it's a little plain, but I like it well enough.

    Yeah, I think I prefer the paperback as well. The hardcover looks a little unnatural although it may appear differently IRL. I'd probably still go for a hardcover though, just because I prefer them to paperbacks.

    Ooh, the Italian one is my favourite for The Sky is Everywhere!

    *is still coverlusting*

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really love the US paperback for the sky is everywhere. it looks like a fairytale kind of book. beautiful and whimsical <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)