Wednesday, 13 April 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday #15

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly even hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Half-Blood (Covenant #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
September 15th 2011

The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi pure-bloods have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures.

Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:

Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden.

Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.
(from Goodreads)

So that's my pick! I like the sound of it, a bit like Vampire Academy but with a demon-y twist. Not too fond of the cover (bit too purple), but it definitely sounds like an interesting book! What did you guys pick?

7 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this book but it sounds really good! Great choice :)

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good I will have to put it on my wishlist.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! i hadn't seen this one before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz,

    I am so looking forward to this book. I already know I'm going to love it! Fantastic choice!

    I'm a new follower and glad I came by to meet you!

    Here's my WOW:

    Kristi's WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I am reminded of the Vampire Academy series a bit! That's definitely a good thing - I love those books :) Adrian anyone?

    Great pick! I haven't heard of this book but I'll keep an eye out for it in September. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited to read this! Gods, mortals, daimons... I'm already hooked. Didn't realise we had to wait so long though... September is ages away! I want it now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Another person who is looking forward to reading this too! :) I can't wait. Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)