Monday, 7 March 2011

Late In My Mailbox (#9) + Ramblings

I was too busy drowning in work yesterday to post my IMM, but seeing as I haven't done it for a few weeks, I decided to just post it today instead of waiting until next Sunday.

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren.



For Review:
Little Sister: A Vampire Novella by V.J. Chambers (ebook, not pictured)

Gifts:
Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton (read this already and loved it)
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White (just finished this and adored it!)
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Won (from the amazing Jenny @ Wondrous Reads - thanks so much!):
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows collector's edition
New Moon UK collector's edition
The Demon's Lexicon alternate chapter
Angel and The Morganville Vampires tote bags
Simon Pulse, Angel, Lament (signed) and Fallen sample booklets
Awesome swag (and lots of it)

So that's what I got! So happy I finally got Anna and the French Kiss. Though at the moment, I'm reading Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers (nearly finished it - awesome). Anyway, I've been doing a lot of reading recently because it's been too cold to go out. It's freaking March and it's freezing! So today I wrapped up nice and warm with lots of layers and guess what - it's cool and sunny. This weather is just crazy. I'm looking forward to the days I can venture out not wearing a coat and scarf.

Anyway, I should probably do some more work. If anyone can tell me how Pride and Prejudice and The Yellow Wallpaper can compare (is it even possible?), please do. If not, I don't blame you. Because I can see no connections between these two stories at all...

14 comments:

  1. Awesome IMM! So jealous of the awesomness that you received! Ahh I cannot wait till my copy of Anna and the French kiss come (I won it yaaay)
    Happy reading!

    KelseyAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is an amazing IMM! You got so many books that I know I am dying to read. All that swag looks so cute too!

    Chelsea @ Rand0m Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!
    So much swag! Congrats on winning it all and enjoy your books =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books. I loved Anna and the French Kiss - I'm sure you will love it too.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an amazing win! I adored Anna & the French Kiss - hope you do as well :) And I loved Paranormalcy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um...Elizabeth is trapped by social expectations of feminine & masculine behavior, leading her to discount Mr. Darcy (because he's rude) and the character in The Yellow Wallpaper is literally trapped due again to social expectations of feminine & masculine behavior. ?

    Oh, and thanks for mentioning my ebook in your mailbox. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!! that's a lot of bookmarks and swag! how fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. new GFC follower! love the blog, found it on the YA book blog directory! =] im excited to read more!! and totally jealous of all the books you just got!

    follow me?!
    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too lucky! ZOMG! That's an AH-MAZING haul!You must be so excited to read all that, am I right? And have you read ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS yet, because you totally should. Let me know when you do and what you think, 'kay? t's an all-time favorite of mine and I just love bathing in the love.

    Oh, and thanks for stopping by the blog earlier!

    Asher K.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, awesome books and swag! And Anna and the French Kiss is SO ADORABLE -- I hope you love it as much as I did. :D

    Agreed on the cold weather... it's so temperamental these days. Bad, weather.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Angelfire! And all that swag! And Anna and the French Kiss which is just so sweet and charming :) What an excellent IMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! That picture is incredible. You definitely hit the jackpot with all those bookish items!

    I'm looking forward to all of those books and the swag is just too cool :)

    Phenomenal IMM!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)