Wednesday, 23 February 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday #11

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly even hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT - do not read the summary if you haven't read White Cat (and if you haven't read White Cat, GO READ IT NOW. Review coming soon).

Red Glove (Curse Worker #2) by Holly Black
June 16th 2011 (UK version)

After rescuing his brothers from Zacharov's retribution and finding out that Lila, the girl he has loved his whole life, will never, ever be his now that his mother has worked her, Cassel is trying to reestablish some kind of normalcy in his life. That was never going to be easy for someone from a worker family tied to one of the big crime families and a mother whose cons get more reckless by the day. But Cassel is also coming to terms with what it means to be a transformation worker and figuring out how to have friends.

But normal doesn't last very long--soon Cassel is being courted by both sides of the law and is forced to confront his past. A past he remembers only in scattered fragments and one that could destroy his family and his future. Cassel will have to decide whose side he wants to be on because neutrality is not an option. And then he will have to pull off his biggest con ever to survive.
(from Goodreads)

The reason I only have one pick this week is because I am so insanely excited for this book. I finished White Cat yesterday and I was just like..o_O. Then I immediately started researching when the next one would be out and how long I'd have to wait for it. Holly Black is actually a genius. White Cat was so good - Red Glove is now officially at the top of my wishlist.

3 comments:

  1. A superb pick! It looks great. Happy Reading :)
    Check out what I'm Waiting On Wednesday

    Mia @GrippedintoBooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read this one too!! This version of the cover is pretty creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never ready any Holly black but I want to.

    I found you on Wow and am sticking around to follow you.
    bethfred.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)