Tuesday, 28 December 2010

I got a pocket, got a pocket full of sunshine...

So, as another way to avoid revision (it's getting ridiculous now, I really ought to start) and forget about work in general, I borrowed the movie "Easy A" from my friend and spent an hour and half curled up on the sofa with chocolate (German chocolate - no idea why I have this but it was really good) and other unhealthy snacks, watching it. I absolutely LOVED it. I haven't seen a teen movie in such a long time, but this was awesome. Funny, sarcastic and just great to watch. Loosely based on "The Scarlet Letter" (which, coincidentally, is the book everyone is studying in English class), Easy A focuses on Olive, a nobody-turned-harlot after several (false) rumours about her spread around her high school. Olive decides to use these rumours to her advantage - and I'm gonna stop there to avoid spoilers ;). But I really loved Olive - she's hilarious and you can tell that under all the sarcasm she is just a nice, normal girl trying to adjust to this strange new situation. And Emma Stone, who played her, is a new favourite actress of mine.

I know this a completely random post (though it IS book-related - "The Scarlet Letter" by Nathaniel Hawthorne, yeah? Okay, so technically I haven't actually read it, but that's beside the point...), but I just wanted to express my new appreciation for this film. For anyone who's seen it - what did you think? Too contrived? Too unrealistic? Or did you love it like I did? And for anyone who hasn't seen it - I definitely recommend it. And now, I leave you with this:


3 comments:

  1. I've been dying to watch this movie; it looks so witty and charming. That montage is hilarious! And Emma Stone is an awesome actress.

    Yeah, I definitely think I'll watch it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, well I definitely think you should watch it too :P. And the scene in the video is one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this movie was so awesome! i loved it too!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)