Wednesday, 22 September 2010

"Waiting On" Wednesday #7 + OMG

 "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly even hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Absolution (Heavenly #3) by Jennifer Laurens (I finished Pentitence a week ago and it was awesome. A review will be up...eventually :P)
October 1st 2010

Zoe’s secret is out. And the powers of Hell are ravenous to claim her soul. Her brother, Luke, knows her secret: that she sees both good and evil spirits. Her boyfriend knows. At least Matthias is her guardian angel again. But now Hell’s most ruthless leader will stop at nothing to have her soul.

Albert, Matthias’ father, is relentless in his hunger for Zoe. He wants to destroy Matthias and will use Zoe to do so.

The battle between Heaven and Hell tests everything Zoe has. As she witnesses everyone important in her life suffering, she’s brought to the ultimate choice: will she sacrifice her soul to save the ones she loves? (from Goodreads)


Afterlife (Evernight #4) by Claudia Gray
March 8th 2011

The fourth book in this electrifying vampire series has all the romance, suspense, and page-turning drama that have made Claudia Gray’s Evernight books runaway successes.

Having become what they feared most, Bianca and Lucas face a terrifying new reality. They must return to Evernight Academy, Lucas as a vampire and Bianca as a wraith. But Lucas is haunted by demons, both personal and supernatural. Bianca must help him fight the evil inside him, combat the forces determined to drive them apart—and find the power to claim her destiny at last.

Readers have fallen in love with Bianca and Lucas, and they will be thrilled to read this exciting conclusion to their romantic adventure. (from Goodreads)
 
So those are my picks for the week. As for the "OMG"...guys. I got Beautiful Darkness in the post. Beautiful Darkness! I don't even know why I have it - it was in a big box from Penguin, but I wasn't expecting it for review, and it wasn't a book I'd won either. I did win The Eternal Ones from Penguin a few weeks ago but never received it. Maybe there was a book change and that's why I have Beautiful Darkness? I don't even care because I'm so excited and happy! Penguin, I love you. Expect a review soon :P.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that cover for Absolution looks like the darkest of the three (and those eyes in the background are creepy...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grats on getting Beautiful Darkness! Lucky! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the cover on Absolution....

    Here's my WOW:

    http://lindsaymalone.wordpress.com/2010/09/22/waiting-on-wednesday-sept-22/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of the 1st one but Claudia Gray is getting great PR from bloggers today.

    My WoW post.

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/09/more-from-heath-sommer-wow.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)