Wednesday, 1 September 2010

"Waiting On" Wednesday #5


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly even hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating


The Kid Table by Andrea Seige
September 14th 2010

It's there at every family event. A little smaller, collapsible, and decked out with paper napkins because you can't be trusted with the good ones. But you're stuck there. At the Kid Table. Because to them- to the adults- you're still a kid. 

 Ingrid Bell and her five teenage cousins are in exactly this situation. Never mind the fact that high school is almost over. They're still eating mac and cheese with a toddler. But what happens when the rules change? When Brianne, the oldest cousin, lands a seat at the Adult Table, the others are in shock. What does it take to graduate from the Kid Table?

 Over the course of five family events, Ingrid and her cousins attempt to finish childhood and send the infamous table into retirement. But as Ingrid turns on the charm in order to manipulate her situation, the family starts questioning her motives. And when her first love comes in the form of first betrayal (he's Brianne's boyfriend), Ingrid is forced to consider how she fits into this family and what it means to grow up. (from Goodreads)


Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
January 4th 2011

In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees. . .

 Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what it is, though, isn't easy.

 Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place--and out of place, at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.

 As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make--between honesty and deciet, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny? (from Goodreads)

14 comments:

  1. They sound good...I especially like the sound of The Kid Table...it made me laugh.

    Here's mine:

    http://curlupandread.wordpress.com/2010/09/01/waiting-on-wednesday-sept-1/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to check out The Kid Table...I love the premise AND the cover. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of Unearthly and I'll be putting it on my TBR pile. THanks for two great recommendations :) Hope you have a great day

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you picked The Kid Table...I had not heard about it, and I will definitely put this on my TBR list..Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unearthly sounds really good. Thanks for sharing another one to add to an ever-growing wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read Unearthly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard of the Kid Table before but I love the premise! Having a separate table for kids at events is always so annoying...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover of Unearthly. Great picks!

    My WoW pick is Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I already have Unearthly on my TBR but The Kid Table I just heard about. At first it sounds simple but as the blurb continues it actually becomes clear that the plot is a metaphor! Don't I just love that :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kit Table sounds great! Love, love the cover. I haven't heard about this one at all.
    Alison Can Read

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these sound great, and have great covers! I love the fancy fork with the macaroni & cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unearthly sounds great. Another angel book to add to my list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)